Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight: 1 - 2 - Silverline, Hasbro: green diamond - orange diamond. Expansions... 7/5 vs 6/6 cards. Not compatible. It's got me totally confused. I like the boards of one and the pieces of the other. Has anyone done a poll of the most preferred version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the Silverline version when it was released. Based on the pics I've seen, I think it looks a little nicer than the previous version and is more compact.

The biggest knock against it that I can tell is the expansions aren't compatible with it, but I play it so rarely that I don't miss having them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get the original with its expansions, I would definitely go that way. The graphics are simpler, but also clearer. I think the expansions add a lot once you get into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
If you can get the original with its expansions, I would definitely go that way. The graphics are simpler, but also clearer. I think the expansions add a lot once you get into the game.

Agree. I have the Silverline and went back and picked up a used copy of the big-box game. The Silverline overall is a nicer presentation, and the small footprint is nice, but the lack of expansion support argues in favor of the older edition if it and expansions can be found at reasonable prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:

Agreeing with Damon here. It will be more expensive since it is harder to find but it will be worth it in the end. The expansions are great and I would be surprised if FFG follows through and reprints those to work with the silver line edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Time for some new overtext
badge
Something will come to mind
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original Hasbro/Parker Brothers Green Diamond edition (2000) and it has the 7/5 card distribution. I highly recommend this one as it is compatible with all of the expansions and can usually be found affordably.

I'm not sure about the card distribution in the Wizards of the Coast green diamond edition (2000).

Hasbro 2nd edition (2001) has an orange diamond. Not sure about card distribution.

FFG 1st edition (2001) has a green diamond. Not sure about card distribution.

I'm pretty sure there are FFG editions with an orange diamond.

The FFG Silverline edition (2010) that I also own uses the 7/5 card distribution as well. I would still recommend this as it looks very nice. You can use this with the expansions but you'll have to adapt a bit to make things mesh together.

I'm not sure what the FFG Small Box (2012) is. Possibly the same as the Silver Line?

In any case, I can safely recommend the Hasbro green diamond edition and the Silver Line edition as having 7/5 card distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.