33.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Trump championed a friendly relationship with Russia.
And then he says, "I had nothing to do with that, it was my organization. I'll look into that"

When asked directly for his position... he responds that putin is not a danger and is not going to invade ukraine as a reason for restrictions on weapons for ukraine to defend itself.

Slight problem being that Putin already invaded ukraine 2 years ago. You know.. major news event?

Meat with trump being completely ignorant is here
https://youtu.be/52yOdl9_oZ4?t=2m48s

I was aware of Putin invading Ukraine so I wonder how a presidential candidate at this point (late july 2016) could be unaware of it.

Or does he simply have such strong financial ties to russia that he's going to be their bitch while president?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
So Trump championed a friendly relationship with Russia.
And then he says, "I had nothing to do with that, it was my organization. I'll look into that"

When asked directly for his position... he responds that putin is not a danger and is not going to invade ukraine as a reason for restrictions on weapons for ukraine to defend itself.

Slight problem being that Putin already invaded ukraine 2 years ago. You know.. major news event?

Meat with trump being completely ignorant is here
https://youtu.be/52yOdl9_oZ4?t=2m48s

I was aware of Putin invading Ukraine so I wonder how a presidential candidate at this point (late july 2016) could be unaware of it.

Or does he simply have such strong financial ties to russia that he's going to be their bitch while president?

That is one of the reasons people say he will not give up his Tax Returns. We would see how beholden he is to the Russians
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Are we so sure of ourselves and of our age as to divide the company of our forefathers into the just and the damned?
mbmbmbmbmb
"Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief

[...]

Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau. [...]

In addition, criminal prosecutors are investigating a group of offshore shell companies that helped members of Mr. Yanukovych’s inner circle finance their lavish lifestyles, including a palatial presidential residence with a private zoo, golf course and tennis court. Among the hundreds of murky transactions these companies engaged in was an $18 million deal to sell Ukrainian cable television assets to a partnership put together by Mr. Manafort and a Russian oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, a close ally of President Vladimir V. Putin."

Source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
He's mouthing Putin's talking point that Russia isn't in the Ukraine, they're in this like, part of Russia that was accidentally mislabeled on a map or something.

It's very troubling how buddy-buddy he is with Putin. If it's not some kind of financial link I actually think it's worse as it'd have to be an ideological link with a strong-man oligarch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.

The Republican's need their boogey-men whether it's gun grabbers, atheists giving out free aborts up to the day of birth, illegal immigrants or Putin, ginning up fear is their One-card Monte. The good news is most sane people realize that the Cold War is long over and we won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

The Republican's need their boogey-men whether it's gun grabbers, atheists giving out free aborts up to the day of birth, illegal immigrants or Putin, ginning up fear is their One-card Monte. The good news is most sane people realize that the Cold War is long over and we won.

Waaaait . . . a couple weeks ago, he was the Democrats' bogey-man as they indulged in a good old fashioned Red Scare about Putin.

How can your memory be so short?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Waaaait . . . a couple weeks ago, he was the Democrats' bogey-man as they indulged in a good old fashioned Red Scare about Putin.

Sure the Dems do it too but it's not the peanut butter in their PB&J sandwich. Campaigns run entirely on fear have been mastered by the right wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Sure the Dems do it too but it's not the peanut butter in their PB&J sandwich. Campaigns run entirely on fear have been mastered by the right wing.

I diagnose you as having, what is known in the business as "a blind spot."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/31/trump-on-defense-over-reputed...

Quote:
When asked on ABC about annexed Crimea, Trump did not seem clear on the ongoing history in the region, first stating that Russia and Putin are "not going into Ukraine" then, after Stephanopoulous correcting that "he's already there," saying "he's there in a certain way*. But I'm not there."

Trump then moved away from a chance to express his own policy on Crimea to blast Obama for the state of the region, calling "that whole part of the world a mess under Obama" and even lamenting the Russian taking of Crimea, which he said he may recognize as president.

Trump maintained, when asked, that he would still "take a look at it" and rationalized the decision by saying "the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were. And you have to look at that, also."

* lying pattern of speech. everybody knows liars use it. everybody says it. the best experts on liars talk about it to people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
^ If you actually cared about lying, Mac, you wouldn't be supporting Hillary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

No shit. This is laughable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

See, in the real world where things aren't black and white it isn't that simple.

If "not lying" was the single factor I cared about then I could support no political candidate since all of them lie about a third of the time.

In a more relative world, it matters that clinton lies less than the average politician (probably because she knows every word she says will be jumped on and researched). And it matters more than Trump lies shamelessly, continuously, and so casually over 90% of the time.

So yes, lying matters but it's one of many factors. Competency also matters. Knowing that russia invaded Ukraine also matters. Not being a vicious asshole also matters. Not "joking" about assassinating a sitting president also matters. Not inciting followers to violence also matters. Not inciting violence against the press also matters. Not repeatedly saying "america first" and then hiring foreign workers to replace american workers also matters. Being so pathetically bad that no former republican u.s. president will come to the party's national convention also matters.

Boy.. and then we get down to personal matters. Anyone voting against the ACA is voting for an early unpleasant death for me. So that matters. And I hate the casual rape attitudes republicans as a party display. That matters. And I hate the casual racism of republicans and conservatives. I hate the dark hopeless image of the u.s. that trump draws and like the hopeful image of the u.s. that Clinton portrays.

I think Clinton has grit, is competent, is emotionally stable, is experienced, is pro u.s., is for women and children, listens to advice from smarter or more knowledgeable experts.

I think the U.S. will do better under Clinton. And I think that I will do much better under Clinton.

Trump is one of worst candidates ever. It's shocking that he won the republican primary process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

I diagnose you as having, what is known in the business as "a blind spot."

Nope the Dem's run primarily on resentment, not fear. The resentment is often justified sometimes it's BS (just like the fear). The recent "Red scare" was a one off. I own that the The D's run on resentment do you own that the R's run on fear? Let me guess? The demonetization runs so deep in you that you wont or can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

See, in the real world where things aren't black and white it isn't that simple.

That was a speedy backpedal.

In other words, it's "black and white" where Trump or basically any Republican is concerned, and it's shades of grey where Hillary or any Democrat is concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Let me guess? The demonetization runs so deep in you that you wont or can't.

Demonetization? Who do you think I am? Bitcoin Frankie?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
In a more relative world, it matters that clinton lies less than the average politician (probably because she knows every word she says will be jumped on and researched). And it matters more than Trump lies shamelessly, continuously, and so casually over 90% of the time.

Mac, you need to go in to the doctor today and have your meds checked. Don't wait, call right now. This is one of the most delusional, asinine things you have ever said. I hope you're hallucinating from some chemical imbalance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

I see that you responded to a spell check error and not the question.

"Typical really I suppose it took the purest act of optimism to pose the question in the first place."

J. Cleese
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

I suggest you investigate a resource-based posting style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

I see that you responded to a spell check error and not the question.

Dude. You gonna criticize me for going for the low-hanging fruit?

Get a sense of humor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

That was a speedy backpedal.

In other words, it's "black and white" where Trump or basically any Republican is concerned, and it's shades of grey where Hillary or any Democrat is concerned.

Ive listed a dozen factors general and personal on why i hold my position and this is the best that you, a never trumper, can come up with?

No.. Its not a backpedal. Lying is a larger factor for trump because he lies so much. Almost continuously actually.

However his screaming incompetence, viciousness, withholding his tax forms, casual attitude towards nuclear weapons, joking about assassinating a sitting president, the fact rational people in his "own" party think he is dangerous, and many other factors all weigh in yhe decision.

The problem being he is so terrible on so many issues that hes over 100% unqualified. Hes impossibly unqualified. If we were looking for an example of unqualified candidates as an example he would be unusable because he is so far beyond unqualified!

With the above factors rated as a percentage of being unqualified with the 2nd amendment joke being 90%, attacking a veterans family being 95%, ignorance of world affairs being 75%, and so on i calculate he is 690% unqualified to be president.

This is notable because the taco bell chihuahua and both old spice men are under 500% and new born babies are only 560% unqualified to be president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
No.. Its not a backpedal. Lying is a larger factor for trump because he lies so much. Almost continuously actually.

Yes. And Hillary does, too. Even when she doesn't need to. (Hardcore Democrat Chad Ellis admits as much.) But she has that D behind her name, so you excuse it. Be honest, that's exactly what you're doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, look. More "red scare" from a Hillary supporter in this forum.

What was that about only Republicans using that tactic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Mac, you need to go in to the doctor today and have your meds checked. Don't wait, call right now. This is one of the most delusional, asinine things you have ever said. I hope you're hallucinating from some chemical imbalance.

Keep those ad hominem attacks coming. They illustrate how weak your position is!

So why do you support trump, bj? Especially when so many senior sane republicans do not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Keep those ad hominem attacks coming. They illustrate how weak your position is!

So why do you support trump, bj? Especially when so many senior sane republicans do not?

I don't support Trump. I have integrity when a candidate from my preferred side doesn't meet my standards. I don't imagine away their faults like you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.