Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that the initial printing includes the three base factions PLUS the Ferengi. Is this true or eroneous?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a lie to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferengi are the second expansion. I feel confident saying there is no chance they are in the base box.

Perhaps in future years, the game will become so popular that it has a new edition with different/more factions in the base box. But for now it's Federation, Klingons and Romulans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game and it just has the three main factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I haven't seen any hint of the game at my FLGS yet. So I had no idea. BTW, if Ferngi is the second expansion, what's the first? Dominion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
jonocop wrote:
Thanks. I haven't seen any hint of the game at my FLGS yet. So I had no idea. BTW, if Ferngi is the second expansion, what's the first? Dominion?

Cardassian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I'm curious where you heard that.

The base comes with just the 3.
Cardassians are the first expansions
Ferengi are the second expansion

There are 9 planned for next year.
They have mentioned that Borg and Dominion will possibly be NPCs. The Andorians have been the only other species mentioned as an example of what they could bring out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

They have mentioned that Borg and Dominion will possibly be NPCs. The Andorians have been the only other species mentioned as an example of what they could bring out.

I think it was on a podcast...can't remember which one. They were talking about how it sucked it was only 3-players and then it went on to discussing a possible 4th faction attached to the base game as a first printing promo. That sort of thing is not unheard of to try and drive sales of the first printing (Cryptozoic does that a lot). But I just wanted to confirm in case I ordered online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
jonocop wrote:
John1701 wrote:

I think it was on a podcast...can't remember which one. They were talking about how it sucked it was only 3-players and then it went on to discussing a possible 4th faction attached to the base game as a first printing promo. That sort of thing is not unheard of to try and drive sales of the first printing (Cryptozoic does that a lot). But I just wanted to confirm in case I ordered online.

The 1st printing promo is a set of 15 extra TOS based discovery cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I dunno... if anyone thinks that perhaps, taking a look at the GF9 website might provide an answer to this question, one would find this:

Quote:
Gale Force Nine is pleased to announce the summer release of Star Trek™: Ascendancy, the strategy board game of exploration, expansion and conflict between the United Federation of Planets, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Star Empire. The competition for supremacy widens later this year with introduction of two expansion sets, the Cardassian Union and Ferengi Alliance.

whistle

http://startrek.gf9games.com/Home/tabid/56/page/2/Default.as...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

there is also a card in a set that says "the tholians may ignore this card" so i would assume the tholians are one of the 9 next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Klaxas wrote:
John1701 wrote:

there is also a card in a set that says "the tholians may ignore this card" so i would assume the tholians are one of the 9 next year.

Oh cool, I had heard that there was a mention of Tholians on one of the cards but I didn't know it was this clear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
John1701 wrote:

Oh cool, I had heard that there was a mention of Tholians on one of the cards but I didn't know it was this clear!

i was very glad to see it. i think the tholians would be a pretty cool addition to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.