Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a night of birthday eating and maybe a little drinking my wife announced she was taking a drive down to Strasbourg for a day trip with our oldest son. With only a few days left in Germany I was a little upset I wasn't feeling up for the drive and hot day in France, so I murmured under my breath that there was a great game store around the corner across the platz from the Apple Store and kissed her good bye.

About 5 hours later I get a nice text... "Found your game store, want anything?"

Nice!

Ran to the iPad to check out [geekurl=http://www.philibertnet.com/en/]PHILIBERT[/geekurl] and see what they had in stock and maybe spark something I've wanted.

Mansions of Madness 2nd edition, I texted... Probably don't have and probably too expensive, I wrote back.

Then...

They are probably out of Captain Sonar, but if they have a copy on the shelf - BUY IT! (Some French guy was looking at the last copy and when he put it back, Alex snagged it, I'm later told!)

Oh, hey - Alex liked playing Splendor at school with his math teacher... See if he wants a copy to take to college. It is in stock.

"Wait, you can see what is in the store?"

Oops. Er, well, only their warehouse. Hey, if they have Deep Sea Adventure, get that too... Should be less than €20.

"Mansions is in the warehouse they'll ship if you want... Got everything else."

Greedy...Nice guy... Greedy... Nice guy...

No, I'll look in states. Probably cheaper anyway. (FFG games in English are super high here in Europe)

Oh, I like this store. I'd buy games like I buy wine... Pretty labels.

You know Mike Elliot? Store owner says Final Touch would fit me.

I say, sure honey, get what you want! (Medium ratings, but not released in states yet (turns out to be a nice filler for her!))

Score! #Bestwifeever

Non-stop Captain Sonar all day Sunday!

-Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.