$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 114.4

6,992 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to fucking believe that in modern times, a person with direct ties to the Russian government (via ex-Ukrainian, Pro-Russia administration), who pocketed millions for his work for said government is actually leading the campaign of a US presidential candidate.

I'm all for the ideal of non-corruption in my government officials (fantasy), but at the very least I would prefer my politicians bribed by US interests rather than foreign governments.

How did this fucking happen?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump's daughter, who is very active in his campaign, is also best friends with Putin's girlfriend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So which one do you think is Rearden and which one Galt when they hang out together?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of Pre-WW1 incestuous, cross-pollinated blood lines among the leaders of the Empires. Trump is trying to go old-school rule.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Hard to fucking believe that in modern times, a person with direct ties to the Russian government (via ex-Ukrainian, Pro-Russia administration), who pocketed millions for his work for said government is actually leading the campaign of a US presidential candidate.


I know!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
I'm all for the ideal of non-corruption in my government officials (fantasy), but at the very least I would prefer my politicians bribed by US interests rather than foreign governments.

How did this fucking happen?


I can't believe a Hillary supporter typed this with a straight face.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Manafort is a mercenary, like almost all political operatives. You pay him for his services and he provides them when you pay him. Simple as that. Meh.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
I'm all for the ideal of non-corruption in my government officials (fantasy), but at the very least I would prefer my politicians bribed by US interests rather than foreign governments.

How did this fucking happen?


I can't believe a Hillary supporter typed this with a straight face.


I can. But then, I've accepted that the hypocrisy of Hillary supporters is limitless!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
I know you guys love to conflate bad optics with actual influence (roll with what you've got, makes sense), but this is a case where we have an absolutely explicit connection and very weirdly biased positioning from the campaign.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
I know you guys love to conflate bad optics with actual influence (roll with what you've got, makes sense), but this is a case where we have an absolutely explicit connection and very weirdly biased positioning from the campaign.


I can't believe a Hillary supporter typed this with a straight face.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
windsagio wrote:
I know you guys love to conflate bad optics with actual influence (roll with what you've got, makes sense), but this is a case where we have an absolutely explicit connection and very weirdly biased positioning from the campaign.


I can't believe a Hillary supporter typed this with a straight face.


You have to consider how deep I'm in, BJ. My default position for hearing a new accusation against her is "This is bullshit like the last 50 accusations".
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
What legitimately boggles me though is that people can't react to what seems to be a fairly severe issue in the Trump campaign without trying to justify it, or at least show the other side is just as bad.
6 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
I know you guys love to conflate bad optics with actual influence (roll with what you've got, makes sense), but this is a case where we have an absolutely explicit connection and very weirdly biased positioning from the campaign.


For example, the only thing the Trump campaign cared to change in the foreign policy part of the 2016 Republican platform was the bit supporting Ukraine against Russia.
8 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
What legitimately boggles me though is that people can't react to what seems to be a fairly severe issue in the Trump campaign without trying to justify it, or at least show the other side is just as bad.


Seriously, we can't even get a good "Trump is such a buffoon" circle-jerk going here without these Never-Trumpers running in shoving photos of Grandma Hillary in our faces.

Just let us have this one, okay? Drew's protestations aside, we're really not responsible for "your" party nominating this fucking joke.
8 
 Thumb up
0.30
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Trump's daughter, who is very active in his campaign, is also best friends with Putin's girlfriend.


wow... true!


http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/08/15/trumps-daughter-putins...

Quote:
Surprise, surprise! Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka and the ex-wife of Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch and current girlfriend of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin, Wendi Deng Murdoch, are best buddies who just went on a lavish vacation together. Might that explain Fox News’s unbelievably slanted favorability towards Trump’s despicable brand of politics? Could you imagine the outrage by Republicans if one of President Obama’s daughters were hanging around with Putin’s girlfriend? Fox News would found an entirely new channel for the sole purpose of harping on the subject around the clock. However, as is true to form, because the subject is Trump’s daughter they remain quiet as church mice. Similarly, Trump’s vow that he does not know or speak to Putin is now obviously proved untrue. Unless his supporters believe Putin and Trump have never spoken, and it is a mere coincidence that Trump’s daughter and Putin’s girlfriend just happen to know each other. Right — like the two met coincidentally at the supermarket while buying supplies to cook for the homeless. One really can’t make this stuff up.

Ivanka Trump and Wendi Murdoch were spotted palling it up on the coast of Dubrovnik, Croatia.


As he says... one really can't make this stuff up!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
windsagio wrote:
I know you guys love to conflate bad optics with actual influence (roll with what you've got, makes sense), but this is a case where we have an absolutely explicit connection and very weirdly biased positioning from the campaign.


I can't believe a Hillary supporter typed this with a straight face.


You have to consider how deep I'm in, BJ. My default position for hearing a new accusation against her is "This is bullshit like the last 50 accusations".


Nothing like a little serial law-breaking, attacking the sexual assault victims of her husband, and pathological lying to train you for ignoring reality. Bravo, good soldier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
windsagio wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
windsagio wrote:
I know you guys love to conflate bad optics with actual influence (roll with what you've got, makes sense), but this is a case where we have an absolutely explicit connection and very weirdly biased positioning from the campaign.


I can't believe a Hillary supporter typed this with a straight face.


You have to consider how deep I'm in, BJ. My default position for hearing a new accusation against her is "This is bullshit like the last 50 accusations".


Nothing like a little serial law-breaking, attacking the sexual assault victims of her husband, and pathological lying to train you for ignoring reality. Bravo, good soldier.


I figure you'd be more about the fact that she's a vampire. That's the crazy bit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
What legitimately boggles me though is that people can't react to what seems to be a fairly severe issue in the Trump campaign without trying to justify it, or at least show the other side is just as bad.


This is because the other side is really awful!

Look I will grant you it isn't *as bad* at Trump. But seriously if the democrats were running an honest to God braying fuzzy nosed long eared donkey living in a barnyard, it wouldn't be *as bad* as Trump!
So that *as bad* is a bar set so low Hillary would have to hire excavation equipment to manage to tunnel under it is hardly the same as acceptable. That she is so poor a choice that if the bar was only low enough a shovel would do the trick of tunneling under it, she would do it handily is hardly something for any of us to be thrilled about.

She will be our next President but that is something NONE of us should be happy about. That there is literally NO option other than horrible this cycle is something we should ALL be upset about. Upset enough to try to make sure it doesn't ever happen again.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
wow... true!
Quote:
Ivanka Trump and Wendi Murdoch were spotted palling it up on the coast of Dubrovnik, Croatia.


As he says... one really can't make this stuff up!


My favorite part of this election year is seeing the Democrats in full "red scare" mode.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
wow... true!
Quote:
Ivanka Trump and Wendi Murdoch were spotted palling it up on the coast of Dubrovnik, Croatia.


As he says... one really can't make this stuff up!


My favorite part of this election year is seeing the Democrats in full "red scare" mode.


Apparently (among all the other things) you don't know what 'red' means.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
wow... true!
Quote:
Ivanka Trump and Wendi Murdoch were spotted palling it up on the coast of Dubrovnik, Croatia.


As he says... one really can't make this stuff up!


My favorite part of this election year is seeing the Democrats in full "red scare" mode.


It is not my favorite part of this election year that over half of republican voters don't care if the president might have a one sided bromance and ongoing financial dependence going with putin.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Trump's daughter, who is very active in his campaign, is also best friends with Putin's girlfriend.


Putin is dating Chelsea Clinton?????
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
windsagio wrote:
I know you guys love to conflate bad optics with actual influence (roll with what you've got, makes sense), but this is a case where we have an absolutely explicit connection and very weirdly biased positioning from the campaign.


For example, the only thing the Trump campaign cared to change in the foreign policy part of the 2016 Republican platform was the bit supporting Ukraine against Russia.


Nuh uh. Trump said they didn't do it. Never mind that later they said that they did do it and the folks working on the platform said both that the campaign asked for it and that it was the only change they asked for. Trump said they didn't do it, so they didn't. Stop violating the first amendment.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any one of these Russian connections I would laugh off as a conspiracy theory. But they just keep piling up.

-The DNC hacks with Russian connections.
-Ivanka's friendship with Putin's girlfriend.
-Trump's praise for Putin.
-Manafort's connections.

Those are four bit of circumstantial evidence. Any one by itself would be easily dismissed, but at this point it should be giving everyone pause.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's any reason to suspect some grand conspiracy.

Trump has pursued business in Russia; this isn't secret -- or, for that matter, even problematic.

In terms of style, Trump is a would-be strongman...and, as a result, he feels some kinship for Putin. Putin, likewise, sees Trump as someone he can work with, both because Trump is (by his own declaration) much more interested in narrowly-defined US interests than stopping Russian expansionism and because Trump likes hardball and isn't going to have a problem with Putin being "tough" on third parties, like local independent nations with large Russian populations.

Given that, we already have enough for Putin to have a strong preference for a Trump Presidency, which is enough to motivate the DNC hack.

Some people seem to be looking for something huge and sinister, but banal self-interest seems a simpler and sufficient explanation.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.