Mexico
Benito Juarez
DF
flag msg tools
Llevamos los mejores juegos a tu mesa
badge
Visítanos en Youtube
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Cosmic Encounter is one of my absolute favourite games ever. I own all expansions and I was able to fit the in the core box thanks to my awesome abilities with foam board...until now. With the new expansion, Cosmic Eons, i'm pretty sure my box will no longer hold everything and i'm willig to sacrifice some of the not-so-very fun/interactive/cool/hilarious (you name it) alien powers to keep space priorities up high. I've decided this thanks to the vast variety of powers so far, I'm sure that with 200+ aliens is highly possible that not everyone of them is great.

Is there any kind of list with votes on the best/worst alien powers so I can make room for the new ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
this might help

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1243871/best-aliens-elimina...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Tirado
Mexico
Benito Juarez
DF
flag msg tools
Llevamos los mejores juegos a tu mesa
badge
Visítanos en Youtube
mbmbmbmbmb
thatach wrote:

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the annoying ones are still worth seeing once or twice. I'd hate to play very many games with Machine, but it was different and interesting on the first go. So you might want to hold off on throwing out alien cards outright.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
... but still probably drop out the four that Roberta listed in the other thread: Locust, Grumpus, Sloth, Brute. The first three are miserable to play as, and the fourth is miserable to play against. I've seen a couple of players report that people in their group think Sloth is not bad, so YMMV on that one, but personally I would never inflict any of these four on anyone, for any reason other than pure scientific dissection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Searles
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group just started a league. After every league game, the Aliens played (and their flares) are retired from play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.