$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.7% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how did something happen.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally in CC you can overstack with the penalty being elimination of sufficient units to get back into compliance at the end of your turn.

Is the stacking limit of 3 for the High Tower intended to be a hard and fast 3 (no overstacking allowed)?

Is the stacking limit of 3 intended to mean only 3 total, even between both players units, or up to 3 per player?

We've played the scenario a couple of times and the last time my opponent advanced a leader and 2 squads into the hex for melee. Then we both wondered how you manage to push 9 guys up a ladder (assumed ladder and not staircase) and through some small hatch (door if its a staircase) above the lead guy.

Given the narrative nature of the game you start asking these kinds of questions when you have an odd situation like a church tower.

I'm thinking Kelly's Heroes kind of tower where's there just not enough room to shove a bunch a guys up a ladder through a hatch into an already occupied small space with somebody trying to slam the hatch on your head.

How'd you intend it to be played, Bryan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the exact text of the special rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
What is the exact text of the special rule?

SPECIAL RULES:
3. THE MAN IN THE HIGH TOWER: Hex H5 is a church tower. It is considered to be at Level 3 for all game purposes and has a stacking limit of 3. Pvt. Peasley can't Move, Advance, or Rout out of H5, and his Unbroken Range is 7. Whenever Pvt. Peasley makes a fire attack: (a) his firempower is 0; and (b) one unit in the target hex (Allied player's choice) has a Morale of 0 for the duration of the attack. Both Firepower and Morale are still modified as normal. Pvt. Peasley can't participate in Fire Groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, rule 8.2 gives a stacking limit of "7" to every hex. For this special rule, the High Tower hex is simply "3" instead "7" for all rules purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Michael, rule 8.2 gives a stacking limit of "7" to every hex. For this special rule, the High Tower hex is simply "3" instead "7" for all rules purposes.

Thanks!

Just follow the rules and don't read anything into them.

So we can "bum rush" the tower with a bunch of guys and the pay the price if necessary. It's the staircase and doorway scenario and not the Kelly's Heroes ladder and hatch situation. Love the narrative these scenarios create.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume this stacking limit makes it impossible for anything other than a team to be in the same hex as Pvt Peasley, to take advantage of his '2' command modifier - although squads/teams within 2 hexes could be activated by him - I guess he's shouting down to them from the bell-tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.