Subject: Bug in the app: Game froze-Escape from Innsmouth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bug happened in the following situation:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

We had explored all the tiles, expect the tower. Three Search tokens remaining, one at the end of the pier (where the boat will arrive), one at right hand corner of the streets tile (south) and one on the room where Craven comes from. One Explore-token was in the spot where the tower is located. It was very late in the game, we had already played for several hours (the 2nd Riot mob (not so tough) had already arrived). The first Innsmouth mob-monster had already walked around all the streets tiles and it was on its 2nd lap. The app froze the moment I resolved The Innsmouth mob-monsters movement: no investigators in the space.(I think it tried to move). It had just moved on the first space of the Pier tile.

I had selected The MoM 1st base game and Call of the Wild expansions, if that matters. My device was iPad mini and I was using the latest version of the app.

I think I have read about this same bug in other threads. I closed the app and restarted. The game continued in the same situation but it was still frozen. I closed the app again and restarted. Same thing. The game was still frozen. Hopefull they will resolve this bug since it will be a very annoying thing to happen after several hours of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirmed the cause for the bug:
I went through the Mythos phases and it seems like when the The Innsmouth Mob-monster has moved full lap and ends it movement again on the Pier tile, the game will freeze when you resolve The Innsmouth Mob-monster attack (or no investigators in the space).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Report it. Happened in a 2P game I was playing. Although my friend went back and played it again and it did not freeze for him. Seems like it does for many people though. And yes, hopefully it gets fixed soon as it is very frustrating to play for 3hrs and have this happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've been chatting to one of the developers. They are aware of this, and are working on it urgently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wout wit
msg tools
mbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
I went through the Mythos phases and it seems like when the The Innsmouth Mob-monster has moved full lap and ends it movement again on the Pier tile, the game will freeze when you resolve The Innsmouth Mob-monster attack (or no investigators in the space).

Yup, that was basically where my game froze as well...
Seems weird that this wasn't playtested out as it's quite a common thing to happen in this scenario. Not to sound like a captain hindsight just sayin'...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woa, really?
There's two mobs? When we played, only one showed up. It kept going off the map, but kept reappearing on the other side. We never explored the side streets until it was too late (the mob burned a bunch of stuff down, ending the scenario in a loss), so it never really did a "lap" around the building and kept getting removed from the map, but we never had 2 mobs at the same time.

How many investigators did you use? We played with 2.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine froze in a slightly different time on Innsmouth...

The mob that moves around the board was on the bottom left corner and had not made it all the way around the outside yet. I also noticed strange characters in some of the check descriptions in spots where a semicolon should have appeared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Woa, really?
There's two mobs? When we played, only one showed up. It kept going off the map, but kept reappearing on the other side. We never explored the side streets until it was too late (the mob burned a bunch of stuff down, ending the scenario in a loss), so it never really did a "lap" around the building and kept getting removed from the map, but we never had 2 mobs at the same time.

How many investigators did you use? We played with 2.

-shnar

We had three investigators. I corrected a bit

The 2nd mob was just ordinary Riot-monster, still quite tough tho, it was 15 HP monster. If you don't explore some of the streets, it will seem like the monster disappears, actually it goes around the building. I think enough fire will make you lose the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maelstrom UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:

Glad to hear they're working on it - I had the same bug as described here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.
I wish that I had a screenshot to prove this but using 2 investigators, the mob HP was 60 in the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericdrum wrote:
Wow.
I wish that I had a screenshot to prove this but using 2 investigators, the mob HP was 60 in the app.

No need to prove anything. Innsmouth Mob is 60 HP with two investigators, 72 HP with three, 84 HP with four and 96 HP with five.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhhh..... based on what the other guy had said.....

... it was 15Hp. Good to know that 60 was at least right. So I'm guessing that unless you have some heavy hitters to lay down some really high damage, the strategy is to avoid them and race them to the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like real life. You don't want to fight a mob with only 2 or 3 people

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Just like real life. You don't want to fight a mob with only 2 or 3 people

-shnar

Ours crashed with 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Engelbrektson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
had the same bug happen for me with 2 players and playing on steam version 1.02

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory, the new update (1.0.3) is going to fix this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:

It is very easy to test when the update comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
SirRoke wrote:

It is very easy to test when the update comes out.

I tested it and it is fixed for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Miller
United States
Battle Ground
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was playing tonight and it still was bugged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brigadier wrote:
I was playing tonight and it still was bugged

What version and platform you were using? I just tested Steam PC-version 1.0.3 and it didn't freeze at least the usual way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.