Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Roselius
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
Hello,

I just played as the Cave, being very liberal with information to the Knight (and rarely, Thief). Saying e.g. 'if you move here I'll give you a beneficial event. Don't move here, it's an ambush. etc.' Told the truth about 80% of the time, my two lies were crucial to victory.

It was always in my best interests (and ended up winning), but some players were unsure if it was in the spirit of the rules. Curious what others' thoughts were!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
The Cave is on the side of the losing players. I don't think using communication to indicate that is particularly bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Considering everyone has their own objective and acts semi-cooperatively to try to prevent others from winning, I'd say any communication is fine (note: my own opinion/preference for my play group, I'm in no way associated with Leder). I think trying to negotiate and persuade others is a part of the game. Additionally, there's no guarantee that the cave (or any other player who reveals information) would be telling the truth.

In contrast, I'd say in fully cooperative games, any information asymmetry is very much intentional, and communication would typically break the game. There isn't such an issue in Vast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I always tell people you should have known better than to trust a malovent Cave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite thing to do is tell the Dragon and the Knight where event tiles are. This usually opens up two or more tiles for myself if they reveal it, and either removes some sloth in the case of the dragon, or leads to a healing event for the Knight. The Cave is all about making as many win/win deals as possible with everyone to get out ahead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.