$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 115.33

7,033 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Can you give me a link that shows high level gameplay on the board for Agricola? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jcgonzmo 84
msg tools
Better yet if shows everything from the beginning. The setup for the game an actual gameplay. Not the online version of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
jcgonzmo wrote:
Better yet if shows everything from the beginning. The setup for the game an actual gameplay. Not the online version of the game.


Are you asking for a how to play video, or are you asking for Expert Players playing the game (High Level Play) from the beginning?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jcgonzmo 84
msg tools
Expert playing the game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
That's not going to help you all that much.

First, you need to learn the basics of the game, and familiarize yourself with the cards. All of them. Enough so you have some idea of what it does when it comes up in discussion.

At that point, you can begin to benefit from discussion of strategy and tactics, much more so that just watching a game played.

Without discussion, you're not going to understand why Player 3 *had* to make that move right now, given that player 4 just telegraphed that he had a particular combo; much less how it was telegraphed in the first place.

Really, if you like the game, just play it. A lot. With different people. Then post-mortem it with them.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unaware of any videos of complete games, although I'm sure someone's at least contemplated the deed (I know I have, but have never found anyone A) willing to video an entire game, and B) having the temerity to actually subject themselves to the potential embarrassment). If you'd be willing to settle for a written, annotated record of a game (or dozens thereof), feel free to check out some of my session reports here on the Geek. Just click on my user name, then "Contributions," then "Session Reports" to the right (currently 157 of 'em). The more recent ones will hopefully be the more polished of the lot. Enjoy!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jcgonzmo 84
msg tools
Of course you make a good point. The any video not necessarily expert, just to see how the game flows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 'tube, look up user playagricola. Some of his are teaching games. They are from an online site though that does some things automated. (I love the site)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Evans
New Zealand
flag msg tools
www.paulandcaillie.com
badge
...um, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
I am unaware of any videos of complete games, although I'm sure someone's at least contemplated the deed (I know I have, but have never found anyone A) willing to video an entire game, and B) having the temerity to actually subject themselves to the potential embarrassment). If you'd be willing to settle for a written, annotated record of a game (or dozens thereof), feel free to check out some of my session reports here on the Geek. Just click on my user name, then "Contributions," then "Session Reports" to the right (currently 157 of 'em). The more recent ones will hopefully be the more polished of the lot. Enjoy!

Nothing better than this mans forum reports.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandswoll wrote:
On the 'tube, look up user playagricola. Some of his are teaching games. They are from an online site though that does some things automated. (I love the site)


I've watched a few of these in the past, and do enjoy them (bit of a time commitment though!) They might very well suit what was asked for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William F
msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjhUHEzpm4Ak1nNLLbsU8Hw

Many of the best players in the world use the site I play on, so while I don't claim to be as high level as Joeknapp (who won the most recent US world championship qualifier) I do play with him on occasion (and sometimes win).

Sorry just re-read your post and saw you don't want online, my videos are aimed at people that already know the rules of the game and therefore aren't interested in set-up, etc

Like suggested before, I suggest you get a good grasp of the rules of play before looking for high level analysis
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.