48.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
395 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: "Hi, I want to play werewolf online." #148 - Basic Werewolf for the Rookie and the Veteran rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
An eleven-player, low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Good Roles:

Seer
- Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view. If the seer is not present / does not give an order, they will receive a random negative view out of all players who were alive after lynch.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, then it will be selected at random.

Martyr - Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that martyr does not work to stop lynches or the brutal retaliation ability. If there is no order in modchat ... then there is no order.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers or traits.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves
- The werewolves know each other's identity and may chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last night kill order will go through - even if the last player to place a night kill order has died since the order was given. (Example: Player A and B are werewolves. Player A selects a Night Kill target during the day, but is lynched. If Player B is still alive and has not put in a more recent Night Kill order, Player A's Night Kill order will be carried out.)
One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if killed. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, the brutal will be selected randomly from all of the non-wolves.
Notice: In this version of the P11, both wolves will be given a Retaliate order. Only the first wolf killed gets to use his brutal. This means it doesn't matter which werewolf is killed first.
Notice 2: In the case where the only surviving Werewolf player has been put up for replacement (whether voluntarily or via the Proof of Life rule), the moderator will enact random NKs from all available non-wolves.
Notice 3: If the wolves attempt to NK the Sorcerer-Cultist, then their action will not succeed and no nightkill will take place that dawn. NOTE! The Sorcerer-Cultist is immune to the NK, the Wolves's NK will not "auto-fail" if it targets the Sorcerer. (In other words, if the martyr protects the sorcerer-cultist and the sorcerer-cultist is targeted for NK, the martyr still dies.)

Sorcerer-Cultist - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player and be given the target player's exact role. He gets a random N0 view of a villager.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Draw - If everyone dies, then I win and all players end in a draw. (Actually impossible in this roleset ...)

Brutal Rules:

The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The Brutal Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is still on the Brutal Werewolf, there is no other death.
If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random.
In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is killed and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.
If the brutal hunter is killed and does not have an order in, his brutal will be any random player, as selected by Cassandra.
If the first werewolf killed does not have a brutal order in, his brutal will be a random non-wolf, as selected by Cassandra.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 3:30 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer-Cultist must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 4:30 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System. If you would like to use conditional orders, this is permitted as long as you understand that conditional orders can only be used on information that is available to the player at the time the order is due.
Hypothetical conditionals for a Seer / Sorcerer:
A. "If Snaak is lynched, then please view Raid1280." is a valid conditional game order.
B. "If Snaak is night killed, then please view Raid1280." is not a valid conditional game order because the player will have no knowledge of whether or not Snaak will be night killed before his game order is due.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Role Reveal:

All roles will be revealed on death (regardless of method)(Full Role Reveal).

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are required to show a proof of life prior to "12 hours before first dusk".

Please note that these are "bare minimums". The moderator has the right to hit the replace button in spite of your meeting the "one post per day" guideline if you are unresponsive to geekmails / modchat queries. This will not be done capriciously and will only be done after consultation with outside parties, to ensure objectivity.

Note that if I replace you due to lack of activity, I will not let you back into one of my Hi games until you can show in another game that you are willing to be an active member of the Village.

Please don't post after the Dusk/Dawn deadline, even if the mod has not told you to stop posting. Warnings will be given for first offenses, but repeated offenses might have consequences. (*Please ensure that you are aware of Meta Rule #6.)

Making out-of-game promises to other players in order to influence their actions in a game is against the rules, so is quoting something told to you by the moderator directly from your hidden modchat, unless the rules of a game specifically say otherwise or the moderator has given you explicit permission. Paraphrasing such things is usually allowed. Quoting anything you have added to modchat (or fake-quoting) is frowned upon.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting. Regardless, I'm tired of the hostility and the occasional attitude.
Police yourselves, please.

META RULES:

As this is meant to be a "learning" style game, I incorporate a number of "Metas" into the Hi series of games.
1. Brand new players will be provided the opportunity to have an in-chat advisor/mentor, who will only have as much information as the player. This other player will have read-access to the thread and can talk to them in modchat.
If you sign up for this game and would like a mentor, please geekmail me as soon as you can. Not everyone can have a mentor; final judgment is with the moderator.
Any reference to your mentor (or other people's mentors) in-game will be highly frowned upon. They are meant to provide friendly assistance and nothing more than that.

2. I will allow players to geekmail me before the game and request a role. They can do this by requesting a specific role, an alignment or "anything but".
3. There is an informal "Do Not Lynch" the newbie on D1. This is not set in stone and I am simply asking that you have good and solid reasons for lynching a brand new player on D1. Lynching a new player is not forbidden and will not be punished, but we are trying to encourage active participation and killing off newer players will discourage any expanding player base.
NOTICE
Just because a player does not have a long record on BGG/Cassy, that does not make them a "new" player.
4. Editing posts is discouraged, but in most cases, it will not elicit anything other than a "tsk, tsk" from another player. However, if you [vote nightfall] and then edit your post to cancel that vote, you will be modkilled. There are no second chances.
5. Deleting posts is considered very poor form. Unless you are deleting one of two identical posts, just let it go.
6. If you post game-changing information after the dusk/dawn time - for example, seer views, fake seer views, sorcerer views - you and a random member of your team will be modkilled. This is not negotiable.
A. This does not require the moderator to say "No posting." If dusk is at 4:00 and you post something that reflects 4:01, you are late.
B. If the moderator posts "No posting" at 4:00:15 and you post at 4:00:20, you have still posted after the no posting rule.
Accidentally continuing a conversation / posting a silly comment after the moderator has posted 'No posting' will not warrant any punishment (unless it is game-changing or repetitive).
C. Notice, as listed in the lynch rules, that a vote that is posted ON the dusk time (for example, posted at 6:00 if the lynch is 6:00) will always count, even if the moderator has posted "dusk" and "no posting" just before you. Clause C does not change the intent behind Rule 6. Do NOT post game-changing information when you post your vote.
It is YOUR responsibility to monitor for dusk/dawn.
7. I assist players in learning how to use thecassandraproject.org to moderate games. If you are interested in learning, please shoot me a geekmail.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 3:30 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 4:30 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: No game actions will process over the American weekend, although players will be free to post and use chats as desired.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This game will start when full.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!" (now maintained by PeteVasi).

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

Here is a (not all-inclusive) list of Roles that are commonly used here on the Geek: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Role_List

BoardGameGeek and thecassandraproject both base their time functions on THIS server:
http://us.pool.ntp.org/
It doesn't account for your personal delay in posting, but it will help show you what time it is in BGG-land. Use the information as you will. (Basically, sniping is not forbidden, but if you mess it up, your team will suffer.)

Please note that the moderator does not have consistent access to The Cassandra Project during the standard business day, M-F (eastern time). Out-of-thread contact will have to be conducted via geekmail during those hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
For consideration:

TheSparky wrote:

ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Something I noticed about our community is that many of us have high ranking poster microbadges: mb mb mb mb

And some of us have these: mb mb mb

And some even have this: mb

But few of us have this: mb

This doesn't need to be.

------

I would like to encourage everyone to use mb more.

I know that we don't like to use it while in the midst of a game, but there is no reason why a game thread that has over 60 players only has 29 mb. (I'm looking at you, Massacre).

Thumbs cost us nothing, and are a great way to say, "Thank you!" or "Great Addition to our community!" or even just "Hey, I hear you bro!"

So here is my mb challenge:

devil Every game should have at least the number of mb as there are players.
ninja Any game you read and enjoy should also receive your mb.
zombie Any non in game post that you enjoy, gets your mb of approval.

We're a really supportive community. While I know we are not the For the Love forums, we can at least show the support we actually have.

In other words, read the Wolfie thread and don't be stingy with your thumbs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Want to join other games?
Here's my most recent advertising post.

... needs to be updated again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Amekins
Benjro
bunkermatt
FGJustice
janiera
Jessicamisty
kendahlj
SerWave
vetrip
WolfParade
xandryyte

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1622...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashton Stansel
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(AMY-KINZ)
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
It's a happy-go-moinkaly lucky shpadoinklely...dayyyy
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Project wrote:

WolfParade

Hi!

I was just curious if your name is inspired by the band?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
We're at 11. Since I'm not a big fan of extra-long D2s, I plan on putting this into go mode late tonight, first thing tomorrow and having first lynch on Monday. You'll have all weekend to check in after game start.

If this idea is problematic, GM me and let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Parade
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Scarlett_O wrote:
Cassandra Project wrote:

WolfParade

Hi!

Yes, it is! Good to see someone recognise it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Parade
Netherlands
flag msg tools
linguistfromhell wrote:
We're at 11. Since I'm not a big fan of extra-long D2s, I plan on putting this into go mode late tonight, first thing tomorrow and having first lynch on Monday. You'll have all weekend to check in after game start.

If this idea is problematic, GM me and let me know.

I will be away until monday, but I'll be back in time for first lynch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peach Pie
United States
Atchison
Kansas
flag msg tools
Everyone likes a piece of pie.
badge
Cut my pie into four pieces; I don't think I could eat eight.
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfParade wrote:
Scarlett_O wrote:
Cassandra Project wrote:

WolfParade

Hi!

Yes, it is! Good to see someone recognise it.
thanks to you two, I listen to them. They're right up my alley.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashton Stansel
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oh fuck im not here next week i need to drop out sorry guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
msg tools
mbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peach Pie
United States
Atchison
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ash10101 wrote:
oh fuck im not here next week i need to drop out sorry guys
awww, you were my n0, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Sorry, was on a river all day yesterday.

Putting the game into signup this morning.

No posting, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1622...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1622...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Good luck to all! Game on!

Game notes:

1. Roles have been handed out, chats are established, n0 views have been given, and all players should have their orders at this time.

2. I do not have consistent access to Cassandra during the work day. If you type a question in your modchat and you don't get an answer back soon, please feel free to shoot me a geekmail.

3. Please remember to address the mod in red if you say something in the thread and want to be sure that I notice it.

4. As an FYI, this is the first online BGG WW game for bunkermatt.
Please consider the "Do not lynch the newbie" guideline for Day One.

ALL PLAYERS NEED TO CHECK INTO THEIR MODCHAT.

5. First lynch will be Monday, unless I post otherwise in thread.

6. Proof of life requirements start now. If you don't post or contact me (in modchat or via geekmail) during the dawn - dusk cycle, you will be replaced.

7. You need to prove to me that you are alive prior to 9:00 AM BGG Monday or I will hit the replace button. This is not negotiable.

8. As I get volunteers to mentor, I will start with the newer players and work up in seniority, looking for anyone that feels they need assistance. Obviously, this can only happen as I get volunteers. If you WANT a mentor, then please say something, whether or not I have asked you in your modchat.
Note: No one with more than five standard WW games experience will be given a mentor.

Any questions?

[dawn]

YOU MAY POST!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(AMY-KINZ)
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
It's a happy-go-moinkaly lucky shpadoinklely...dayyyy
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! How is everyone ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it will come a time this will stop being fun to meta...

[vote janiera]

Not quite yet!

Ok, I can breath easier now... no being upset if someone votes me before checking in. No plans for the weekend but that doesn't mean I'll be here the whole time or any... I'll post when I can is what I am trying to say!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (11/11) - # - Voted by

janiera - 1 - xandryyte(1)

Not Voting: Amekins, Benjro, bunkermatt, FGJustice, janiera, Jessicamisty, kendahlj, SerWave, vetrip, WolfParade

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 3:30 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:30 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

xandryyte - 1 - janiera(1)

Not Voting: Amekins, Benjro, bunkermatt, FGJustice, janiera, Jessicamisty, kendahlj, SerWave, vetrip, WolfParade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peach Pie
United States
Atchison
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Project wrote:
VOTE TALLY

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

[vote xan]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

xandryyte - 1 - Benjro(2)

Not Voting: Amekins, bunkermatt, FGJustice, janiera, Jessicamisty, kendahlj, SerWave, vetrip, WolfParade

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Benjro - 1 - xandryyte(2)

Not Voting: Amekins, bunkermatt, FGJustice, janiera, Jessicamisty, kendahlj, SerWave, vetrip, WolfParade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
msg tools
mbmb
Checking in, it's my first game so don't expect me to know much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peach Pie
United States
Atchison
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bunkermatt wrote:
Checking in, it's my first game so don't expect me to know much.
get an avatar but whatever you get it should suit your role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.