Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya'll think it's overkill to encase the exploration counters in nickle-sized coin capsules? I'm concerned that over time they will become marked through play handling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, of course not.

1) People enjoy putting the Bling on their games: This is That.
2) People protect cards with sleeves: This is also That.

If anything, it increases the Science-Fiction-ey feel of the components!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChipChuck wrote:
Ya'll think it's overkill to encase the exploration counters in nickle-sized coin capsules? I'm concerned that over time they will become marked through play handling.

If wear and tear does occur to the point that you can tell which tokens are which when face down, substitute a different token (I'm sure you have or can think of general-purpose bling to use here) and put all the exploration tokens in a bag. When a player hits an exploration spot draw an exploration token out of the bag.

I actually already do this, not due to wear and tear concerns but because I hate shuffling tokens/tiles and trying to keep them face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could always spray them with Krylon clear coat. it will protect the image. I've seen comments about this being done to other tokens in other games. I have yet to try it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you want to do it to make them fancy, then do that, but keep in mind the expansion comes with new exploration tokens that will replace the ones from the base game. So I wouldn't worry too much about those...

If it's too keep them nice forever. I still think it's overkill. How you store them is going to be far more important. During actual play each token is only used once per game, and they aren't kept around. Players aren't touching them or shuffling them like poker chips, just a one time use and back in the box. So just make sure your storage solution is adequate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.