Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Smith
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Hey Folks

My third post for my new blog, Level 1: Game Designer is up. You can read it here:
level1gamedesigner.wordpress.com

The site is in the making, so please excuse any inconsistencies, errors, or omissions. (In fact, if you notice them, I'd appreciate the feedback so I know what to fix.)

My goal is to publish a new post once a week (typically Monday or Tuesday), and the content will typically be about game design (although not always). I haven't published any games, but have been working on one for three years that will hopefully be done by the end of next year.

My posts are meant to encourage other aspiring designers while I share my own experiences and game.

If you want to follow me on Twitter, I'm also on @L1GameDesigner.

Thank you for your time and happy gaming!
David Smith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to write a blog. I know this is not easy, and keeping going is even harder, especially since building a reader base takes time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smith
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
You're welcome Josh! It does take time to write the posts, and I don't expect to get a huge following.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smith
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Re: Level 1: Game Designer Blog - New Post, Inspiration
Hey Folks

I just posted the fourth topic on my blog, Level 1: Game Designer. The topic is on how game designers can tap into their inspirations for productivity and game ideas.

You can read it here:
https://level1gamedesigner.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/inspirat...

My blog is geared towards aspiring game designers, and I plan to publish one post every Monday (clearly I will be late sometimes). Hopefully by sharing my experiences as an aspiring game designer, I can encourage others.

Happy gaming!
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Francois
Belgium
Bruges
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bookmarked the blog and following the Twitter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Noël
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great work so far, David! I've subscribed here for notifications of future updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smith
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Thanks folks! I didn't expect to get half as many readers as I do this early. I decided to do the blog on a whim, just a few days before GenCon. I figured not only would it help me keep my thoughts organized and clear, but I also hope to encourage other newbie game designers.

So are you all aspiring game designers, too? Are you working on a game currently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Francois
Belgium
Bruges
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't go that far to state 'working on one', it's more like playing around a little and who knows maybe one day something nice will come out of all of that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.