Subject: Inspired leadership clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Greenfield
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
The card states in red put in next years deck but the card has only 1915 and yet an asterik. Is it just a dead card after 1915 or should it be 1915+?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris!
Yeah, that's the Western Allies Inspirational Leadership card. We changed the way the markers are deployed with the WA (the Germans get all their's at once) so the card should probably say 1915+. Good catch and thanks!

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Greenfield
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Figured, thnx! Followup, reroll all combat dice..just yours to beat their number or everyone's dice(attacker and defender)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Chris,

You only reroll yours, and then only if it could change the outcome.

The Full Description:

If any combat (attacking or defending) is conducted by a unit with an Inspired Leadership marker, you must reroll the Inspired Leadership unit’s combat dice (once) if the initial result was a loss and rerolling could change the outcome to a win. The marker remains in play with the assigned army if the dice are not rerolled (because of no chance to change the outcome) or the reroll wins the combat by a +3 differential – otherwise the marker is removed.

Thanks,

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Just a quick question regarding components in reference to this card. In the events clarification post, it states:

Quote:
43: Western Allies: INSPIRED LEADERSHIP! (*1915+*)

Place 1 Inspired Leadership marker on a Western Allies army. If any combat (attacking or defending) is conducted by a unit with this marker, you must reroll the Inspired Leadership unit’s combat dice (once) if the initial result was a loss and rerolling could change the outcome to a win. The marker remains in play with the assigned army if the dice are not rerolled (because of no chance to change outcome) or the reroll wins the combat by a +3 differential – otherwise the marker is removed. After being drawn, this card is placed in the following year’s deck. If this card is drawn and all three Inspired Leadership markers are already placed and still in play, it is ignored.

I've noted that I only have two WA Inspired Leadership counters. Are there supposed to be three or does the above need correction?

Thanks again for all your support of this game. Loving it and having a blast with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
It should read "if all their Inspired markers are already placed..."

The Germans do have three and they get all of their's at once (all three) to reflect their generally better officer training corps, but over the course of the war the Western Allies could get four opportunities (if drawn in each game year and available in the counter pool).

Kirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Much obliged for the quick reply! I've been playing just as stated so all is well.

However... just so I'm clear, then... The actual, real-life counter quantity for Western Allies' Inspired Leadership is a total of two (2), then? Indeed, I do have three German counters, but was simply wondering about the WA quantity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Right. Only two Western Allies Inspired Leadership. Sorry for the confusion.

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks much, Kirk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.