Subject: Supply Path through cover terrain with Enemy adjacent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I thought i post the photo to help with my question.

Is this German Engineer supply path block due to the enemy adjacent to him or am I good since my supply path is in "CT"?

I'm thinking i'll be fine, the same way i'm fine if i retreated next to an enemy unit and i'm in "CT" Cover terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
The german engineer is ok. The supply line is traced from the HQ to the unit. In this case, since the first hex of the line adj to an enemy unit contains covering terrain (and no Move Halt would be required), the line may enter that hex. In the engineer unit's hex, there is no covering terrain and a MH exists, so the supply line may enter, but not pass through the Engineer's hex. Additionally, this is only the second hex of the supply trace that is adj to enemy units so the restriction of no more than two hexes adj to an enemy unit is not violated. Note that there is a rule that states that if supply can be traced to a hex containing a friendly unit, all other friendly units of the same formation that are adj to that unit that can be traced to are also in supply - as long as prohibited terrain does not exist between the hexes in question and the supplied unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
[IMG][/IMG]Now here are some interesting supply trace examples:

1. In pix 1, the US 1/26 is out of supply. The supply line can be traced into 2529 and then to 2528 (up to two adj hexes and no movement halt generated in either of those hexes by the German I/89 inf bn. But from 2528, there is no movement covering terrain and there is a MHalt in 2627. Additionally it would be the third hex adj to an enemy unit so the supply line could not be traced for those reasons. Note that for this example, the supply condition of I/89 is not relevant to 1/26's supply condition (although it could be in supply from 2729).

2. In pix 2, 1/26 is in supply because 1/18 is in supply and 1/18 belongs to the same formation, therefore, any friendly unit of the same formation of 1/18 is also in supply if adj to that hex and there is no prohibited terrain type intervening between 2627 and 2528. You technically are not tracing a supply line to 1/26, it's just that the supply rules allow 1/18 to cast supply into adj hexes for its formation (1US Inf Div).

3. In pix 3, German I/48 is in supply for the same reason 1/26 in example two above is in supply (II/89 in supply casts supply to all adj hexes. Additionally if we assume that a US supply line can be traced into 2528, then from there it can enter 2628 (where it must stop). US3/18 is in supply for the same reason as example 2, but 1/26 is not because supply cannot be traced to either it, or 3/18's hex.[IMG][/IMG]

ignore the to pix. Then, from top to bottom they are 1.2.3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.