7 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Guadalcanal – The Pacific 1942» Forums » General

Subject: Firefight 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Jia Jun
Singapore
flag msg tools
Comparing to Firefight 1 in Awakening the Bear 2nd Ed, I too find this almost impossible to strategize (for an introductory scenario) after playing 2 rounds. Bring in reinforcements too early, no bonus points. Bring in too late, those 3 Marines started out at beach got swarmed by Jap.

Was thinking if it would be better to tweek the firefight (e.g giving Jap 1-2 less infantry reinforcement during round 2).

*Japs have higher firepower, 1 unit more than US Marines, 2 long-range MG, 4 no-hits counters + better rally chances*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
I keep having this idea about having the marines hide in the palm trees and wait. It could force the japanese player into going into CC at a disadvantage or maybe they would just sorround the boat and wait themselves. I haven't had a chance to try this agaisnt someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this firefight that weekend. American victory. Very close game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard dyrda
United States
Hawthorn Woods
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maedhros wrote:
Played this firefight that weekend. American victory. Very close game.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Luksich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say ignore the victory points and bring in the reinforcements, the more guys you have the easier it is to keep everyone alive. It is a tricker and more asymmetric scenario than FF1 in AtB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Jia Jun
Singapore
flag msg tools
DELTA2468 wrote:
I say ignore the victory points and bring in the reinforcements, the more guys you have the easier it is to keep everyone alive. It is a tricker and more asymmetric scenario than FF1 in AtB

Played Firefight again today. Indeed, seems like the VP to hold back the scouts are like distraction.

Manage to won the Firefight 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam French
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mb
Okay for all those of you who had an American victory, did you bring in all the reinforcements in the 1st round, or hold some of them back? Did you try to go hide to get better coverage? Or go forward and face the enemy forces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.