Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Fun eBay find rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there all. I had a nice find on eBay the other day that I thought I would share with you.

An unopened case of ships (well it was unopened when it arrived )

What could be inside :question: Here's a hint

Ooooo...

Ahhh, 6 brand new Valdores

With shipping it came to $9 a each wow I couldn't resist, despite the wife's eye rolls.

The Federation may have their Galaxy Wing, but my Romulans now have a Valdore Wing thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Think I did even better on eBay - someone had listed a 'Unopened OP prize with Sisko', only uploading a single crappy picture that showed nothing but the captain token sheet. 3 Sisko token pairs, of varying skill (7/8/9).

Took a chance and got it for $9 - opening bid of the auction. Thanks entirely, I believe, to a TERRIBLE description for it that nobody else apparently caught. Yup, it was the entire DS9 'crew upgrade kit' from GenCon (the captains and crew and stuff coming with the retail DS9 kit but had not been in the earlier DS9 prize model)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had quite a few great eBay grabs for this game but probably my best was a dirt cheap set of the Q "faction" cards for under 10 bucks the day they debuted.

Otherwise my latest and greatest scores were all 3 Xindi ships a few months ago in one fell swoop and the most recent being a cheap Toh'kaht.

Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice.

As much of a fan as I am of the Valdore, I don't think I would have opened all of them. I would have kept a couple for myself (mostly for those Romulan Tactical Officers) and resold the rest individually. Those Valdore ships go for a lot now that they are out of print and hard to find. You could have made your money back and then some and still had a handful of ships for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Think I did even better on eBay - someone had listed a 'Unopened OP prize with Sisko', only uploading a single crappy picture that showed nothing but the captain token sheet. 3 Sisko token pairs, of varying skill (7/8/9).

Took a chance and got it for $9 - opening bid of the auction. Thanks entirely, I believe, to a TERRIBLE description for it that nobody else apparently caught. Yup, it was the entire DS9 'crew upgrade kit' from GenCon (the captains and crew and stuff coming with the retail DS9 kit but had not been in the earlier DS9 prize model)!

That is one hell of a find. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Very nice.

As much of a fan as I am of the Valdore, I don't think I would have opened all of them. I would have kept a couple for myself (mostly for those Romulan Tactical Officers) and resold the rest individually. Those Valdore ships go for a lot now that they are out of print and hard to find. You could have made your money back and then some and still had a handful of ships for yourself.

I thought about saving a few to throw back on eBay, but I would rather have my Valdore Wing for larger games. I will probably sell some of the unique cards. Who needs 8 Donatras

Now 8 Tactical Officers those are all mine cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.