Wez
Australia
West End
Queensland
flag msg tools
The PDF rules have been posted!

English: https://www.pegasusshop.de/spielregeln/4250231709425_en.pdf

German: https://www.pegasusshop.de/spielregeln/4250231709425_de.pdf

I am really, really looking forward to playing this expansion!

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
マルコ
Germany
Bornheim
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

You confused the link for the German rules: it's https://www.pegasusshop.de/spielregeln/4250231709425_de.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wez
Australia
West End
Queensland
flag msg tools
Thank you. I've no idea how I managed to do that. (Fixed now.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Peterson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
HOORAY! Been dying to read these!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Karhan
msg tools
Yes, I was wondering if this would ever come out, now I know what to excpect. This should be quite fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting. Thanks for the links!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the rulebook.

Came up with these questions:
1. on auction house, if you go there and what if you dont have at least 1 lira?
2. i see the are 36 letters. and according to the posted image here, i see 18 of them, so i assume it is 2 each, right?
3. so no letters for coffee expansion?
4. no guild cards for Brief & Siegel expansion?
5. about the companion, so there is no other way to bring it to play other than going to the fountain? how this works for kebab shop replacement?

thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
I just read the rulebook.

Came up with these questions:
1. on auction house, if you go there and what if you dont have at least 1 lira?
2. i see the are 36 letters. and according to the posted image here, i see 18 of them, so i assume it is 2 each, right?
3. so no letters for coffee expansion?
4. no guild cards for Brief & Siegel expansion?
5. about the companion, so there is no other way to bring it to play other than going to the fountain? how this works for kebab shop replacement?

thanks in advance.
1. You are not allowed to do the action
2. Yes, 2 each
3. and 4. Correct. In our experience it's the exception to combine both expansions. It would be too annoying to sort the letters (and the Guild cards) before every game, when you very rarely need them
5. There's one Kiosk tile which allows you to take the companion. The Kebab Shop has the same funtion as the fountain PLUS the additional function. So the rule for the companion is also valid for the Kebab shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks a lot. that was fast.

just one more clarification on no.5, so even if you use the other ability, not use the "fountain effect" of the kebab shop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
thanks a lot. that was fast.

just one more clarification on no.5, so even if you use the other ability, not use the "fountain effect" of the kebab shop?
Ah, ok, I should have been more precise! Only, when you use the fountain function, you can take the companion to you!
By the way: Also later, when the companion already is in play, you could use the fountain to take him back to you (and place him again at your merchant in a later turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. thanks.
hmm.. it seems we need to use the fountain effect from now on, since in most of our games we almost never use it... (with good planning where to go and with tactical variant it is rarely needed to use the fountain).

sorry but another question.
i understand thematically how catacombs work, sort of a tunnel/cave/undergruond entrance to exit somewhere. but what if i use the family member or companion to use this place? is it still works? if it does, it seems hard to explain it thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
ok. thanks.
hmm.. it seems we need to use the fountain effect from now on, since in most of our games we almost never use it... (with good planning where to go and with tactical variant it is rarely needed to use the fountain).

i understand thematically how catacombs work, sort of a tunnel/cave/undergruond entrance to exit somewhere. but what if i use the family member or companion to use this place? is it still works? if it does, it seems hard to explain it thematically.
This is exactly why we combine the companion with the fountain ... devil. You shouldn't get him too early and too easily.

You send your family member to the catacombs, and he uses the tunnel to go to any place to get a good - where's the thematical problem?
Besides this: Why would you use the family member with the catacombs? You can go to any place you want anyway and get a better action ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
dchamp wrote:
ok. thanks.

This is exactly why we combine the companion with the fountain ... devil. You shouldn't get him too early and too easily.

You send your family member to the catacombs, and he uses the tunnel to go to any place to get a good - where's the thematical problem?
Besides this: Why would you use the family member with the catacombs? You can go to any place you want anyway and get a better action ...

i misunderstood the companion earlier with the catacombs. i got it now.

i want to use the family member in the catacombs...because maybe i want my merchant and his assistants to move faster from another edge to the opposite edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ristov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Here is couple of tricky question:

1. If I use the catacombs either by merchant, companion or family member and transport my stack on any other place do I need to leave any assistants there ? Since I am not using the action of the place should I leave assistant anyway?

2. Also there is a bonus card that says move your stack to other merchant and use the action but has the same symbols as the catacombs, so it is a little confusing do we leave assistant or not. Because in the original game whenever you move you either leave or pick up assistant only when you want to use the place. So let's say I want to move there but I do not want to use the place do I have to leave assistant?

3. This might be obvious but I need to clear it up: You move only the current stack not all of the assistants like the action in the fountain right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vancopower wrote:

1. If I use the catacombs either by merchant, companion or family member and transport my stack on any other place do I need to leave any assistants there ? Since I am not using the action of the place should I leave assistant anyway?

2. Also there is a bonus card that says move your stack to other merchant and use the action but has the same symbols as the catacombs, so it is a little confusing do we leave assistant or not. Because in the original game whenever you move you either leave or pick up assistant only when you want to use the place. So let's say I want to move there but I do not want to use the place do I have to leave assistant?

3. This might be obvious but I need to clear it up: You move only the current stack not all of the assistants like the action in the fountain right?

It'd be nice to hear an official word, but here are my guesses:

1. Only if it was your merchant stack who uses the catacombs, then you would leave one assistant behind. If you use your companion or family member on the catacombs then you would just move your merchant stack from wherever it is to wherever you want to go without dropping off any assistants anywhere.

2. You must drop/pick up an assistant if you want to use the place you go to with the bonus card. If you don't, that's the end of your turn. The card shows that using the bonus card to move replaces your normal 1 or 2 movement places. So you could use the card, move somewhere, not drop off/pick up an assistant, but that'd be the end of your turn.

3. Correct, with however many assistants are currently with your merchant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MoviinTarget wrote:
Vancopower wrote:

It'd be nice to hear an official word, but here are my guesses:

1. Only if it was your merchant stack who uses the catacombs, then you would leave one assistant behind. If you use your companion or family member on the catacombs then you would just move your merchant stack from wherever it is to wherever you want to go without dropping off any assistants anywhere.

2. You must drop/pick up an assistant if you want to use the place you go to with the bonus card. If you don't, that's the end of your turn. The card shows that using the bonus card to move replaces your normal 1 or 2 movement places. So you could use the card, move somewhere, not drop off/pick up an assistant, but that'd be the end of your turn.

3. Correct, with however many assistants are currently with your merchant.
Official answer: Your answers are correct!
Especially question 1: It's the action to move the merchant stack, no matter if you trigger the action by the merchant, the family member, or the companion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
unpressured wrote:

Enjoy!

I see there are two separate rule books: one for each language. Does the German/English version have two rule booklets inside that look just like these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MoviinTarget wrote:
unpressured wrote:

Enjoy!

I see there are two separate rule books: one for each language. Does the German/English version have two rule booklets inside that look just like these?
Yes, there are 2 rulebooks inside the German/English version. Plus one bilingual sheet with an overview about all Bous Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
Plus one bilingual sheet with an overview about all Bous Cards.

Awesome! The lack of having all the bonus cards explained in one place is a minor inconvenience when playing M&B with people who haven't played a lot of Istanbul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.