Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Morocco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all:

We just played a game and overlooked the collecting city tax value for being the FIRST player to place crown on city.

Pg. 9 (Collecting Crown then see 1. Claim a city)

Just a friendly FYI to new players - don't forget to get the $$$

cheers, Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anthony
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm a little confused on that topic. Say you later conquer a city/crown from a rival. Do you not collect the tax when it becomes yours since it only happens initially? Probably been playing that rule wrong on our first play through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You definitely don't collect the tax if you take over a city from another player, nor from the mercenaries, if you're playing a two- or three-player game.

There's some disagreement over whether or not you get the tax if a city becomes unoccupied for some reason and then you take it over again. See other recent threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion: mutual annihilation leaves the city unoccupied. If you take over an unoccupied city, you get the coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpiglet wrote:
My opinion: mutual annihilation leaves the city unoccupied. If you take over an unoccupied city, you get the coin.

I'll oink in on your opinion - totally agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.