$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 73.97

5,064 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
31.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: The most wonderfully understated CNN headline ever. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Giuliani wrong about terror attacks and Obama

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/15/politics/rudy-giuliani-donald-...

(bold mine)

Quote:
Youngstown, Ohio (CNN)Rudy Giuliani, who served as mayor of New York City during 9/11, claimed Monday that there had not been "any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States" in the eight years before President Barack Obama took office.

But the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks took place less than eight years before Obama was sworn into office in January, 2009.
"Under those eight years before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States. They all started when (Hillary) Clinton and Obama got into office," Giuliani said Monday in Ohio where Trump delivered a speech on radical Islamic terrorism.


Lol, lol, lol, lol, lol.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
OMG he meant to say one, not none. OooooMFG

Right after he mentioned 9-11 too (according to your source). How embarrassing!!!

That's right up there with Obama's 56 states gaffe, when he meant to say states and territories. Right? Right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
OMG he meant to say one, not none. OooooMFG

Right after he mentioned 9-11 too (according to your source). How embarrassing!!!

That's right up there with Obama's 56 states gaffe, when he meant to say states and territories. Right? Right?

No, he has said the same thing before on Meet the Press when he was running for Pres. in 2008 [I think].

Tim Russert didn't call him on it and he decided to apologize to the viewers later.

I remember it clearly. I'll never forget or forgive. I stopped watching 'meet the press' that day. So, I didn't see the apology, I read about it.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
OMG he meant to say one, not none. OooooMFG

Right after he mentioned 9-11 too (according to your source). How embarrassing!!!

That's right up there with Obama's 56 states gaffe, when he meant to say states and territories. Right? Right?


Rudy didn't mention 9/11 - his quote was "Under those eight years before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States. They all started when (Hillary) Clinton and Obama got into office." Which is factually wrong and clearly intended to deceive.

And Obama said 57 states*, not 56. Jeez, get your gaffes right.

*Clearly, he was considering varieties of ketchup when he said that. That, or he was just tired.
9 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Giuliani wrong about terror attacks and Obama

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/15/politics/rudy-giuliani-donald-...

(bold mine)

Quote:
Youngstown, Ohio (CNN)Rudy Giuliani, who served as mayor of New York City during 9/11, claimed Monday that there had not been "any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States" in the eight years before President Barack Obama took office.

But the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks took place less than eight years before Obama was sworn into office in January, 2009.
"Under those eight years before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States. They all started when (Hillary) Clinton and Obama got into office," Giuliani said Monday in Ohio where Trump delivered a speech on radical Islamic terrorism.


Lol, lol, lol, lol, lol.


More proof that 9/11 was an inside job. All the 'Muslims' involved were paid actors. Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams.
22 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
OMG he meant to say one, not none. OooooMFG

Right after he mentioned 9-11 too (according to your source). How embarrassing!!!

That's right up there with Obama's 56 states gaffe, when he meant to say states and territories. Right? Right?

Here's him saying the same thing seven years ago:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/08/giuliani-say...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik17 wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
OMG he meant to say one, not none. OooooMFG

Right after he mentioned 9-11 too (according to your source). How embarrassing!!!

That's right up there with Obama's 56 states gaffe, when he meant to say states and territories. Right? Right?

Here's him saying the same thing seven years ago:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/08/giuliani-say...


That's a little spooky.

It sounds like he pushed it to clinton (back a year) in his mind. Maybe it was too painful for him? It was a terrible event and this may be his way of dealing with the pain? It sounds like he literally misremembers it and when corrected, he returns to misremembering it.

Mary Matalin seems to be doing it too, " "We inherited a recession from President Clinton and we inherited the most tragic attack on our own soil in our nation's history."

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I THINK 9-11 is currently considered to be 'workplace violence'
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
OMG he meant to say one, not none. OooooMFG

Which is also not even correct.

2002 - LAX shooting.
2006 - University of North Carolina SUV attack. An Iranian-American drove an SUV into a crowd deliberately to "avenge the death of Muslims worldwide" and to "punish the United States".
2006 - Seattle Jewish Federation. An American of Pakistani descent targets Jews to kill one and wound five and tells then 911 dispatcher he's angry about US Mideast policy.

Now I expect you to dismiss them now as "they weren't part of a group" or some stupid shit like that, but if you were honest you would admit that had they happened today you would the first to jump on the "see! muslims!" bandwagon
12 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Enjoy the silliness, Drew - the fun is the deadpan way CNN covered it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.


You appear right - now let's see if Giuliani modifies the talking point now that the idiocy of the words he actually used has been pointed out.

It is also interesting that his focus on "after 9/11" completely contradicts one of Trump's major points.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/08/15/rudy_giuli...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.


You appear right - now let's see if Giuliani modifies the talking point now that the idiocy of the words he actually used has been pointed out.


Why would he modify it because so-called "journalists" had freak-outs?

They knew what he meant. They pretended not to for the sake of a "gotcha." And because there's a reason CNN has a long history of being known as the "Clinton News Network."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


Why would he modify it because so-called "journalists" had freak-outs?



Because when people say stupid shit they get called out.

You of all people should know that.
12 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
As far as the actual speech goes, if you watch to the video it's pretty sad. Giuliani can barely string sentences together at this point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.


Holy shit, now there are Trump Apologist Apologists.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon, people. With the attack on the White House averted, that 9/11 thing was only a partially successful attack.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.


You appear right - now let's see if Giuliani modifies the talking point now that the idiocy of the words he actually used has been pointed out.


Why would he modify it because so-called "journalists" had freak-outs?

They knew what he meant. They pretended not to for the sake of a "gotcha." And because there's a reason CNN has a long history of being known as the "Clinton News Network."


He should modify it because it was inaccurate and misleading as stated. If he continues to use the same language, it is no longer a misstatement, it is an attempt to mislead.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.


You appear right - now let's see if Giuliani modifies the talking point now that the idiocy of the words he actually used has been pointed out.


Why would he modify it because so-called "journalists" had freak-outs?

They knew what he meant. They pretended not to for the sake of a "gotcha." And because there's a reason CNN has a long history of being known as the "Clinton News Network."


He should modify it because it was inaccurate and misleading as stated.


Sure. If you slice off the earlier part of the speech where he specifically mentioned 9/11 and rip the quote out of context -- as "journalists" like to do when quoting their enemies -- I can see where you would think it was inaccurate.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:


Sure. If you slice off the earlier part of the speech where he specifically mentioned 9/11 and rip the quote out of context -- as "journalists" like to do when quoting their enemies -- I can see where you would think it was inaccurate.



The vid in the link and my OP both reference that. To me honestly that is almost the weird thing in the vid. Dude seems like he's falling apart on camera.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.


You appear right - now let's see if Giuliani modifies the talking point now that the idiocy of the words he actually used has been pointed out.


Why would he modify it because so-called "journalists" had freak-outs?

They knew what he meant. They pretended not to for the sake of a "gotcha." And because there's a reason CNN has a long history of being known as the "Clinton News Network."


He should modify it because it was inaccurate and misleading as stated.


Sure. If you slice off the earlier part of the speech where he specifically mentioned 9/11 and rip the quote out of context -- as "journalists" like to do when quoting their enemies -- I can see where you would think it was inaccurate.



He specifically referred to 8 years, which just happens to be the length of time between Demoratoic admininistrations. But I'm sure that doesn't suggest anything to you.

Ah, why bother? You're ability to see things your way and no other remains consistent.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
"I also like to pretend not to get Giuliani's point."


Ok, Drew, I'll bite - what was Giuliani trying to say?


He's quite obviously talking about how these politicians responded to the post-9/11 era.


You appear right - now let's see if Giuliani modifies the talking point now that the idiocy of the words he actually used has been pointed out.


Why would he modify it because so-called "journalists" had freak-outs?

They knew what he meant. They pretended not to for the sake of a "gotcha." And because there's a reason CNN has a long history of being known as the "Clinton News Network."


He should modify it because it was inaccurate and misleading as stated.


Sure. If you slice off the earlier part of the speech where he specifically mentioned 9/11 and rip the quote out of context -- as "journalists" like to do when quoting their enemies -- I can see where you would think it was inaccurate.



He specifically referred to 8 years, which just happens to be the length of time between Demoratoic admininistrations. But I'm sure that doesn't suggest anything to you.

Ah, why bother? You're ability to see things your way and no other remains consistent.


Except I'm taking in the whole context. You're using a chop-quote to fit your narrative. Even after being shown your error you're clinging to it like a drowning man clinging to a millstone.

You're having a fit because he rounded to 8 years instead of saying "seven years and four months."

Good grief, RSP! There are lots of legitimate reasons to criticize Trump and his apologists. When you have to chop up quotes in order to find your daily outrage, you not only look desperate, you suggest that all your criticisms are equally invalid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
So you guys think Hillary is telling the truth about her email and that Giuliani forgot about 9/11. Apparently being a lefty means checking your brain at the door.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.