Hide
6 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clutch action confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
I'm really confused about the Clutch action. In the rules it's written that all the runners advance one more base. So imagine there is actually only 2 whites runners (one on first base and one on second base)and i'm playing a clutch single action with a threatening blue (average), the white runner on second base goes in because all Base runner advance one more base with the clutch action.... but the other white runner should go on the third base right ? And another thing, the clutch action double the hits ? I mean... you put a blue runners at the first base because of the single with the clutch action AND threathen an another blue runner as a batter ???

And if the Clutch has been made and a red runner was on the first base (imagine white runner on second base to activate Clutch), does he score too because he move 1 more base (clutch) and then 1 more because hes red ?

One more little thing...

...with the Leadoff. If its a fast runner (red) with a leadoff "Double" does he go on the third base because red runner go 1 base further ?

Thanks alot, and sorry for my english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, the slow runner on first goes to third.

2. Yes, you get one hit from the clutch and threaten another one.

3. No, the fast runner would go from first to third on a clutch single as clutch hits ignore the runner's speed.

4. No, the lead off hit goes to second. Speed NEVER affects where a hit goes to, it only applies to runners already on base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
Thanks alot for your clarification and quick answer man !

This game is alot of fun but really really confusing at first

I can conclude that Immediate Action NEVER include runners speed. It only do what the Immediate action does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
razhimkar wrote:
Thanks alot for your clarification and quick answer man !

This game is alot of fun but really really confusing at first

I can conclude that Immediate Action NEVER include runners speed. It only do what the Immediate action does?

Not quite. A Quick Eye single puts a hit on 1st (as for any single) but the runners already on base do act as they would when a normal single is hit. For example, a fast runner on first would go to third.

The hard rule is that speed only ever affects runners already on base when the hit is made. Clutch is the one exception where speed doesn't affect even those runners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin has it all correct! MVP Award! Most Valuable Poster

Ralph

Go Wiffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
Thanks alot guys !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.