Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi guys!

Alright, so here we are, almost 2 years fast forward since the last campaign, and ready to relaunch this September. Can’t believe that we are one month away from the decisive moment. Honestly, I cannot wait!

It's been tough working alone on this gigantic project but I think it has been worth it! Some days I wished I could have a whole dedicated team working on this but at the end of the day I am pretty proud of the amount of work I managed to put into this, considering that my goal was to make a game that can compete in quality with any big company out there. Quite a challenge for a one man to do the work of a whole team, and on some departments I for sure was lacking, but managed to pull through. And the fact that the play tests were extremely fun and rewarding what could I ask more? Hopefully in September I can share this with you all.

Before we talk about things keep in mind that only content you see from 2016 is really valid news! For the latest updates the facebook page is always the place I post first. https://www.facebook.com/FallofParadise

MIND - THE FALL OF PARADISE, 2016

MIND - The Fall of Paradise is a game world with a sci fi theme and strategy gameplay. The world of MIND debuts this year with the launch of the Kickstarter campaign in September, 2016, when it tries to bring to the public its first stage, called "The Darkest Hour".

The content of the Mercury Faction module.

The concept of “Game World” refers to the actual game being made of multiple individual and inter playable game modules instead of a single core game box that can be acquired. Modules differ from the usual “Expansions” because, while they expand the world, they do not add on top of a core game. The modules brought to the table represent the core game and this allows for variety and lots of replay value.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The game is designed this way to create the following advantages:

*** To allow players to customize their purchase and not be forced to acquire more content than their gaming group desires, for instance, collecting a game box with content for 4 players when in reality there are only three friends.

*** To create a flexible gaming environment where depending on what game modules are brought to a session the game experience is different. Making the modules inter playable is a huge factor in the replay value of the game.

*** To create a platform that is open to adding more content with ease, content that can have great impact on the replay value.

*** To create a world that is not defined by a single type of gameplay, game modules having the ability to change how the known game works, transforming the game from a strategy into a dungeon crawler. Everything is possible, creativity is the limit.

The first stage of the game world, “The Darkest Hour”, brings 4 game modules that each represent a playable human Faction.

“THE DARKEST HOUR”

Game box for the Mars Faction.

"The Darkest Hour" represents the first stage in the world of MIND and is about the war between the inner planets in the Solar System and the downfall of the Terrestrial empire. The war culminates with the rise of MIND, that leads to stage two called "I AM MIND".

"The Darkest Hour" brings 4 game modules that each represent a playable Faction in a different color: Earth (blue), Mars (orange), Venus (purple) and Mercury (green). Factions are identical with some distinct differences: the art, the colony, their Leader and their Superpower.

If stage one is successfully funded the game will support 1-4 players and solo play. The game will feature 5 Scenarios but the kickstarter campaign may greatly enhance the content.

FACTIONS

A Game Scenario.

The game is played over a maximum of 7 turns and is won by the player that has gained the most achievements by the end of the last turn. There are 5 different achievements and they are updated real time, so once an achievement is won it can still be lost if the requirements are not met anymore. This makes players fight to defend achievements and force enemies to engage in conflict when behind.

The achievements are:

DOMINATOR - Have 10 Influence
BUILDER - Have 4 Sectors
SEEKER - Have 10 Fate
RULER - Have 5 Citizens
RESEARCHER - Have 5 Researches

Learn how to setup the game by using a Scenario in the above tutorial.

The Faction modules put players in charge of a colony on their home planet. Players can expand their colony, build new sectors, use structures to produce resources or train more citizens. While structures are the backbone of the colony the citizens are the ones doing all the leg work. They move inside the colony to build, repair, sabotage, resolve events, collect bonuses, fight and many more.

Learn the ins and outs of the Colony board in the above video tutorial.

Players use Credits to buy most of the things and Influence to buff their structures and citizens. Equipment cards are used to increase the base attributes of the Citizens, that are: Strength, Durability, Utility, Resistance and Mobility.

Most of the actions are resolved by rolling dice and there are different factors that affect the amount of dice a player rolls. A big gameplay element represent the Overpower cards that are dice modifiers, and are cards that can directly add or remove dice from any player’s roll.

Watch how a turn plays in this solo mode example of live gameplay tutorial.

For more information check the videos below and keep an eye on the facebook and youtube pages as I will post more tutorials as I finish them.

Alright, so keep this game in mind if you like what you see as for sure it is going to need any help it can. If I cannot fund it in September then there is no way to bring to the shelves. Also, the campaign is going to be lots of fun as I plan on giving the crowd full control over our stretch goals and let the backers decide where we take this game to. There are lots of things to add to this game world, we just need to fund it.

I am going to update this thread and talk to everyone who is interested. I also plan on making a design contest with real prizes but not sure how to approach this as I think BGG does not allow that kind of promotion unless it's through them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Lester
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck with everything!

If you're in Bucharest, give me a shout by GM - would love to play a couple rounds and see the game in person. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Travelin Eli wrote:
Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck with everything!

If you're in Bucharest, give me a shout by GM - would love to play a couple rounds and see the game in person. Cheers!

Hey man, yeah I am from Bucharest. I would like to make this happen, but as I have only a few weeks till the Kickstarter not sure if I have the available time. I work alone on this and every free hour i have I now spend on everything game/campaign related (even denying beers with friends). I could somehow give you and your group some game modules to play with on your own, but do you guys do reviews? The reason I ask is because all my prototype copies have a destination now and reviews/previews are the priority.

Update time!

I've been working on the official Website of the game and this has been keeping me busy for the last week or so. I may be ready to launch the website next week, hopefully. The layout is set and everything is in place but now I have to fill it with all the content I have. Speaking of witch, I am just preparing to shoot a 2 player gameplay video. Pretty excited about that.

When the website launches the design contest will also go live and people will get a chance to create a new Sector type for the Factions to use. The winners will get their designs made reality and will win free game modules and Fan Kits (a kit contains lots of cool MIND themed stuff, such as shirts, posters, mausepads, comicbook, etc).

One thing that bummed me down is how expensive professional voice over is. As my budget currently is, I will be able to have a narrator only for the main Kickstarter video, that's the most important one. I wanted all the game tutorials to have a nice voice, but it literally costs hundreds of dollars per video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Lester
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you've got some interesting ideas for your campaign and I wish you tons of luck as you head toward the finish line (or is it the starting line?). I don't think I've ever seen a KS board game with the same type of contest you're planning.

I'm not a reviewer, so your prototypes will certainly get more value heading out to other places. If you do get some free time and need a player for testing or whatever, just let me know. Will certainly be keeping an eye on your project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

The Kickstarter is now officially delayed only one week and will start on the 27th of September. I want Essen to be in the middle when things are stale for most campaigns anyway and also to stay away from Tiny Epic that starts on 28th October. There are quite a few good campaigns that will run during my period but this is valid for any time of the year.

You can check a new Tutorial here:

The website is updated with lots of Kickstarter related information:

http://fallofparadise.com/

Also, follow the Facebook where I am very active with production related posts:

https://www.facebook.com/FallofParadise/

See you on the 27th!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ENTER CONTEST

I am organizing this contest that will run till the campaign starts on the 27th. You can join now, the sooner the better, and get a chance to win a free faction box. Just choose the side you want to join in and then share the facebook post.

You can join here: http://bit.ly/2cawLoW

Thanks and let's have some fun and ... war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Some exciting news!

I have been working on this cinematic teaser and now it is ready and it's launched! Earth is on the brink of destruction!

Also, the contest is still running and you can join and win a free Faction. Join a side and win a prize!

-Vladimir
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/586888488/mind-the-fall...

Hi!

The day, the hour and the second has finally arrived and MIND is LIVE on Kickstarter! By pledging and helping the campaign right now you get the following advantages:

- you are getting the best deal possible, at 10% of MSRP.
- you get the game first. Backing right now ensures that you will be the first players to enter the world of MIND in 2017.
- you get a chance to enrich your Factions with exclusive content. I have prepared some very nice exclusives just to show my appreciation to everybody hopping on board now.
- all backers receive 1 free "Bonus Box" Addon.
- you get to decide the future of the game. The campaign is made so that I am giving you lots of control on what stretch goals we unlock next, thus giving you the helm on where we go next.
- we are stronger in great numbers. The more we are the more content we can unlock and the better and prettier we can make this game.

I really hope to see you on the new campaign and I invite you to read all the information listed on the Kickstarter page.

Let's make the world of MIND a reality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.