GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 131.59
48.7% of Goal | left
When I first heard of epic fights, I imagined a cooperative fight, all heroes versus one monstrous beast. I was a bit disappointed when I read the official rule, where epic fights are a competitive thing. I gave it a chance, it's nice, it works, but a few things annoy me:
The epic monster automatically losing 3 of it's 5 lives is one of them. Waiting for turn 3 that the monster is more vulnerable is so anti climatic.
Also, I don't like the way the epic trophy is won. One fame + one crazy ability is too much for being given randomly between players who gave the same effort.
Here is my trying for a full cooperative fight. My aim is that players have to work together to take the beast down, and that they all get a reward.
The fight uses the official rules for epic fight, with the following modifications:
- The number of round of the epic fight depends of the number of players: 4 rounds for 2-players games, 3 rounds for 3-players games, 2 rounds for 4+ players games
- The epic monster doesn't take one automatic wound at the end of a round.
- players may fight separately, but are allow to ally themselves. If they do so, they use rules for assistants.
- Only wounds done by a player fighting alone grant XP and count for the 'total number of wound' when rolling for the reward
- If the epic fight is won, many rewards are available. Every player get to choose a reward. A reward can only be chosen once. Players roll D6 + 'total number of wound' to decide in which order they choose their reward. Available rewards are: the epic trophy, a locked chest, a treasure chest, a potion, an enchant, a worn spoils, an hatch.
I have tested those rules with several 2 players games. Some adjustments may be done, but it worked quite well.
What do you think?