Popular Tags: [View All]
Emma Brice
United Kingdom
Edgeley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

What can you recommend I buy next?

I usually play with a group between 3-5 players.

Usual go to games are

Pandemic legacy - with 3 players - like the cooperative nature and the thought involved in how best to win with growing limitations

7 wonders (I have all expansions)- with 3-7 players - love this game and the easy(ish) to pick up and teach but requires some thought and technique when everyone knows what they are doing.

I'm looking for something that can be played with about an hour when people know what they are doing. I have no preferance on setting.

I'd like it to be able to flex up and down well dependant on the number of players there are and for any new people not to be unduly penalised if everyone else knows what is happening

My collection can be found on my profile.

Any ideas? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isle of Skye fits your criteria. Up to five players and can play in pretty close to an hour. Easy to learn and teach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Smathers
msg tools
Some suggestions:

Mission: Red Planet - Very attractive area-control game that plays 3-6 players. I haven't actually played it yet beyond a dummy game to learn the rules, but I'm excited about it and it seems to meet your criteria well.

Suburbia or Castles of Mad King Ludwig - These are two of my favorites, but they only play up to 4 players. They're two takes on the same idea - if you don't mind the smaller player limit, check them out and see if either one speaks to you.

Dixit - Not at all a strategic game, but it's a good game if you're in the mood for something whimsical that works with a wide variety of people. A really unique game that's quick to teach and easy to get into.

Mysterium - Uses a mechanic that's very similar to Dixit but fleshes it out and puts it in a cooperative game. One player is a ghost trying to convey information about a murder (who, where, how) to the other players using only "dream cards" with intricate, ambiguous illustrations. I didn't like it as well as a lot of other people (certain aspects of the theme don't totally make sense), but it's a fun game in the right context. Easy to teach and works well with many different numbers of players.

Ticket to Ride or Ticket to Ride: Europe - If you have a BGG account, I'm guessing you know about these, but they're not in your list, so doesn't hurt to mention them. They play well with up to 5 players and are classic entry-level games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Brice
United Kingdom
Edgeley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the computer version of ticket to ride. Haven't added it to my list yet though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Smathers
msg tools
A question for you: do you like 7 Wonders with three players? I had a friend ask me a very similar question to yours recently, except that she only plays with three people. I'm wondering whether you'd recommend it for that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Istanbul is a fantastic game that I keep in my game bag for those times we need a game that finishes in 45-60 minutes or for five players.

Roll for the Galaxy is another good one.

I also like Mission: Red Planet a lot though I'm not sure how good it is with three.

Snowdonia is a great worker placement game that scales well between 2 and 5 and can be played in an hour or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Brice
United Kingdom
Edgeley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's much better with 4-5 but enjoyable with 3.
Personally if there are 3 people I prefer pandemic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Smathers
msg tools
Cool, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.