Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Arthur. As a relative KS newbie, I don't understand how I can get all the game stuff without getting the PDF stuff. It says I can manage my options later to get additional pieces--is that after the campaign closes?

Seems like if that's the route I want to go I should be getting the $240 level now and adding the Elder Races, etc., through the pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenhope wrote:
Thanks Arthur. As a relative KS newbie, I don't understand how I can get all the game stuff without getting the PDF stuff. It says I can manage my options later to get additional pieces--is that after the campaign closes?

Seems like if that's the route I want to go I should be getting the $240 level now and adding the Elder Races, etc., through the pledge manager.

The level with the PDF includes all the game stuff for less than adding them to a lower level. The PDFs are just an extra freebie. (And there's some excellent stuff in there!)

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenhope wrote:

Once the campaign ends and we open the pledge manager you'll be able to get add ons i.e. the elder races and other stuff. So if you want those you don't have to get the $1k pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
stephenhope wrote:

Once the campaign ends and we open the pledge manager you'll be able to get add ons i.e. the elder races and other stuff. So if you want those you don't have to get the $1k pledge.

Right, though the $450 also offers the PDFs. However, getting everything as add-ons is more expensive than just getting the $450 pledge. You can just no click on the digital download link and not get the PDFs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Is the same true if I don't really want the buildings? Looks like it is given the costs of the add-ons.

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenhope wrote:
I see. Is the same true if I don't really want the buildings? Looks like it is given the costs of the add-ons.

Thanks all!

Yes, the same is true in that you don't have to accept it
But we aren't offering a special pledge that is everything BUT the buildings, however.

BUT, you are basically paying $10 to get the buildings + dice at the $450 level. If you really don't want the buildings or dice, you can:

1. back at the $240 Lesser God level, which gives you core + Empires
2. add-on the Elder Races and Monsters for $200 total
3. you will be pledging $440 for truly just the gameplay stuff, and nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott HillJennings
United States
Cornelius
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be to early in the kickstarter to know but if I pledged as a Lesser God now could I up my pledge to a Hero pledge during the pledge manager? Trying to figure out how to ease the burden on my wallet a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elliotthj91 wrote:
It may be to early in the kickstarter to know but if I pledged as a Lesser God now could I up my pledge to a Hero pledge during the pledge manager? Trying to figure out how to ease the burden on my wallet a bit.

Yes, you can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
Question about dice: from what I've seen so far, it looks like fewer dice are used than in Cthulhu wars. How necessary is it to get more than the 1 included dice pack in the Hero pledge, assuming you only want to use the special dice in battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
Hello rain! I see you've met my parade.
badge
I believe gazing into the abyss to be a complete waste of time. There's plenty of things in the world more worthy of being gazed into.
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be a bit dense but I don't understand the shipping cost.

If I live in Sweden and pledge for Lesser God level do I pay $26.40 or $72 for shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
I must be a bit dense but I don't understand the shipping cost.

If I live in Sweden and pledge for Lesser God level do I pay $26.40 or $72 for shipping?

You will have to pay the shipping plus the VAT, both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarvyx wrote:
Question about dice: from what I've seen so far, it looks like fewer dice are used than in Cthulhu wars. How necessary is it to get more than the 1 included dice pack in the Hero pledge, assuming you only want to use the special dice in battle?

Not very - especially if the dice SGs are hit, you will likely have enough. Like in CW, there would still be the occasional battle in whoch you need more doce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Arthur,

Question for you: the shipping section says that it includes duty/taxes for most regions, but I notice that the USA and Canada have the same shipping cost listed. Is the Canada estimate accounting for the 5% GST?

I'm asking because CW 02 estimated $26 US to ship to Canada for the core set, and then the pledge manager asked for $52 ... and I'm guessing that $26 difference was mostly tax.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shawn_Kehoe wrote:
Hey Arthur,

Question for you: the shipping section says that it includes duty/taxes for most regions, but I notice that the USA and Canada have the same shipping cost listed. Is the Canada estimate accounting for the 5% GST?

I'm asking because CW 02 estimated $26 US to ship to Canada for the core set, and then the pledge manager asked for $52 ... and I'm guessing that $26 difference was mostly tax.

Thanks!

No, not exactly. 02 had a particular set of issues to work thru, and the price change had two driving factors which dont apply this time:
A) we used shippers to estimate it during KS who did not know what they were doing
B) we had a huge variety of ways of selling products, but only had a few ways of charging shipping price, and the clash of those two things created a complicated set of pricing that we had to deal with (ie, we could not set prices that could actually probably be true for everybody everywhere, some of them mathematically had to be incorrect.)

Gods war has fewer products and is much more straightforward, and we use competent shippers to estimate these prices. What you see for Canada is essentially what you are going to pay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Arthur,
I've posted this on KS page, but thought it might be worth asking here too:

Now that we're temporarily past the EU VAT discussion, which is totally relevant to us in UK, let us move onto the double-whammy of how the pound has collapsed against the dollar since Brexit!
- 2 months ago, the $450 (+ $120 EU vat/shipping) total of $570 would have cost me ~£400
- NOW $570 ~ £440, another £40 added on!!

So I have some q's since I'm gonna delay
my pledge in the hope that the pound rallies a bit:
1. Pledge manager addons will still be at the campaign prices?
2. Addons in pledge manager after KS camain finishes will still count towards StretchGoals? (Please say yes! I think a lot of backers at $1 or $125 level will increase in PM)
3. The additional money from addons Later in PM phase, do PG still need to pay percentage fee to KS?
4. If not, and this is gonna be cheeky, but we live in hard times with pound-crash AND new EU vat strictness - If postcampaign addons will not incur a fee from KS, then would it be better of us UK + EU backers waited for then, thus saving PG some money, which you could plow back into the EU vat costs????

Hey I'm just trying to think of solutions! Lot of EU+UK backers hesitant at the moment.

All the best with the campaign, super-excited about this project!
Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.