Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Secrets of the Lost Tomb and some of the expansions at Gen Con. After playing the first scenario of the base game this weekend, I started looking through some of the expansions.

I know how Passages and Perils works but I was wondering if you just mix the components from Ancient Myths and Legends and The Great Apocalypse in with the base game. I know those expansions come with their own scenarios but are you supposed to just mix the story cards, monsters, etc. in with the base game decks even if you are just playing a base game scenario?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general answer is yes, you can just add the expansion cards to the appropriate decks.

Here are some specific exceptions I use with my group and why:
I leave out the Grail Knight, Silverback Ancient and Zombie Horde Elite Monsters unless called for by the scenario (too powerful if they come out early).
I sometimes leave out the trap items from Passages & Perils (no one uses them in my group, and it feels a little underwhelming to draw them).

I would recommend playing without the tiles from Passages & Perils a couple of times before adding them in - they usually make the game more difficult and can slow down new players. After a couple of games, add them back in for the variety they offer.

The Special Pps and Legendary characters are significantly more powerful than the other characters.
The Legendary characters are Amelia Earhardt, Theodore Roosevelt, Vampirella, and Adam Van Helsing.
The Special Ops characters are Deadeye, The Saint, The Rough Rider, and Lady Lindy)
Depending on the difficulty you want, I would recommend either:
Easier: use only Special Ops and Legendary characters
Harder: do not use Special Ops and Legendary characters at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Answer Aaron! Thanks so much !

Mike, let us know if you have other questions!

Thanks for your support!
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. I really enjoyed my first run through and cannot wait to play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.