Subject: Gold scoring tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony harris
United Kingdom
Llanelli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this tile score the gold you have in hand or the amount of gold icons in your area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ants_cymru wrote:
Does this tile score the gold you have in hand or the amount of gold icons in your area?

Off the top of my head, gold in hand. If it is scoring the gold icons, then it will also show the barrel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ants_cymru wrote:

Off the top of my head, gold in hand. If it is scoring the gold icons, then it will also show the barrel.

That's right. Actually everyone has to show all their gold they have (only this way you can count the amount of gold everyone have to score this tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Rice
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Snikla is 100% right.

Everyone shows their gold, counts, player with the most gold scores 5 VP.

It really adds a much different feel to the game. Players are often shocked to find out how much gold their competitors have.

One of my favorite victory conditions for just that reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair_Chuck wrote:

One of my least favourite for the same reason!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Rice
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
Mayfair_Chuck wrote:

One of my least favourite for the same reason!

With an experienced group I can see that. With new players, it's an excellent teaching tool.

When I demo'd the game at Gen Con, I almost always had it as one of the victory conditions for that reason. Someone always asks "how does he have 4 times as much gold as me?"

And then you get to explain it. So my perspective is different. I'm teaching the game (often not even playing- just teaching a group of 5), not trying to grind out a close victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.