Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Benziger
United States
Oakdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As well all know. IDW games kickstarted this game. However when I hadn't heard anything but negative things from the progress of the campaign. I've tried to pull my pledge. I've emailed them on kickstarter and IDW games contact email, for the last 2 months every 3 days! NO RESPONSE.

Companies like IDW need to learn from other great kickstarter companies like Stonemaier Games. Jaime (from SM) has personally contacted me back about a couple questions I had about Scythe. The guy knows what he is doing! IDW does not, worst part is they are more then just a two man company like Jaime's.

Chalk this up to a lesson learned! Awful campaign. Looks like an awful game! Looks like I am out $80. Anyone want to buy my preordered copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But you PLEDGED to the campaign. Negative or not, you and only you pledged money. You could have canceled any time before campaign end. If you really don't want it then just sell it with all the KS exclusive stuff once it is delivered (you will more than make your money back). Just seems like a really negative post here with not much to back it up on. I have some doubt to the timeline of IDW, but at least there is a good designer behind it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they offer refunds on this campaign? I don't recall them doing so. Not many KS campaigns would let you just "pull your pledge".

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They only have a small window that you are able to request a refund and they have to give it to you. It's part of the KS terms. If after this time frame they don't have to give you a refund. I do agree they should be responding to you to share this infom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IDW sucks, well really the Pandasaurus portion of IDW. They have always been horrible with Customer Service and should be no surprise. But I risked that anyway. I haven't seen anything negative about the campaign so far and the delays are what to be expected of any KS these days. The game is lighter than Kevin's other stuff but still seems good.

In other words, I am far from an IDW apologist and I am not concerned at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All the warning signs were there all through the campaign. It was horribly run and quite frankly made the project look like a complete joke. I'm glad I didn't back it, but I'm one of those optimistic TMNT fans who hope that something good might come out of this, like an actual, brilliant game. However, the way IDW ran the campaign made it seem like they weren't really that confident that they could make that game, so instead fobbed everyone off with ridiculous videos that served as distractions rather than actual clear gameplay.

Point is, IDW ran a terrible campaign and you still backed it. It's my understanding that once you've pledged, that's it. Like someone else said, you'll be able to sell your stuff for double your pledge amount so don't worry!

I'm still hoping we'll get a good game out of this, but in my opinion IDW are not a company that anyone can really trust to do so at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably the exact opposite of David. While I agree that the campaign was horribly run, I backed despite that fact, because I thought the game looked like fun. Since the campaign was horribly run, I've expected the horrible post-campaign communication, so it wasn't a surprise to me. And really, the only "negative" thing that has come out since the campaign ended was that the release would be delayed, which all veteran backers knew and pointed out long before the campaign ended.

So, I guess I'm mostly confused as to what has happened that would make anyone want a refund. I doubt anyone will get one, though. They're not mandatory. "KS isn't a store."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
"KS isn't a store."

Sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
I'm still hoping we'll get a good game out of this, but in my opinion IDW are not a company that anyone can really trust to do so at this point.

Having been a playtester, I can vouch it's a pretty fun game. Plus, I believe the first scenario is available for Print-n-Play if you want to try it out before you buy it.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
DavidSL wrote:

Having been a playtester, I can vouch it's a pretty fun game. Plus, I believe the first scenario is available for Print-n-Play if you want to try it out before you buy it.

-shnar

I want to be a play tester for Kevin Wilson!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
IDW is just like Warner bros and Michael bay. They take amazing franchises and turn out crappy product after crappy product... i feel like every time I see a review of an IDW game the reviewer says "crap components, over priced, not very fun." I expect little else at this point and told all of you from the start... This will be mediocre trash like every other IDW game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
IDW sucks, well really the Pandasaurus portion of IDW. They have always been horrible with Customer Service and should be no surprise. But I risked that anyway. I haven't seen anything negative about the campaign so far and the delays are what to be expected of any KS these days. The game is lighter than Kevin's other stuff but still seems good.

In other words, I am far from an IDW apologist and I am not concerned at this point.

For clarities sake,

Pandasaurus is not part of IDW, nor are we involved in the management of the Kickstarter, production or order fulfillment for TMNT.

We were involved in sourcing Kevin and the high level design overview of the gameplay, but the day to day management of the Kickstarter lives with IDW which is a completely independent entity from Pandasaurus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

For clarities sake,

Pandasaurus is not part of IDW, nor are we involved in the management of the Kickstarter, production or order fulfillment for TMNT.

We were involved in sourcing Kevin and the high level design overview of the gameplay, but the day to day management of the Kickstarter lives with IDW which is a completely independent entity from Pandasaurus.

No doubt. You are actually here answering questions and clarifying. Unlike the reason this thread was started...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Benziger
United States
Oakdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand all your points, and thoughts. I know it was a stupid thing to do, back this TMNT game. The plot thicken though. I pledged $140 because the campaign made it sound like I could get an early backer discount. Was #1008 I guess in the process of buying I didn't even get the $10 discount. The KS exclusives really hit at $150 but now on the pledgemanner I can not add $10 to jump to that purchases. Weird situation I know. So for $140 I am getting the $80 kickstarter version. Trying to figure out how to contact them and get through to them about that, because I know someone will want the KS exclusives at the higher pledge level so I would much rather pay another $10 and be rewarded and making it easier to sell on the 2nd hand market. However IDW does suck at customer service.
I realize I was a bone head and let my love for TMNT drive my wallet. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbenz32 wrote:
I understand all your points, and thoughts. I know it was a stupid thing to do, back this TMNT game. The plot thicken though. I pledged $140 because the campaign made it sound like I could get an early backer discount. Was #1008 I guess in the process of buying I didn't even get the $10 discount. The KS exclusives really hit at $150 but now on the pledgemanner I can not add $10 to jump to that purchases. Weird situation I know. So for $140 I am getting the $80 kickstarter version. Trying to figure out how to contact them and get through to them about that, because I know someone will want the KS exclusives at the higher pledge level so I would much rather pay another $10 and be rewarded and making it easier to sell on the 2nd hand market. However IDW does suck at customer service.
I realize I was a bone head and let my love for TMNT drive my wallet. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

What are you on about? If you wanted "works" only stretch goals, you needed to choose a works pledge. That pledge is $150, and $140 if you managed to get the early bird version.

Sounds like you pledged at the $80 level, increased your pledge dollar amount to $140, then assumed you scored an early bird works pledge. That's not how early birds work. An EB has nothing to do with your backer number, rather it is a pledge tier with a backer limit. You need to actually choose the tier (before they are all taken).

To address you can probably change your current pledge to a works pledge via the PM, and seeing as there are no EB tiers in the PM, you'll need to choose the standard $150 works pledge then pay the difference.

This isn't IDW's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

For clarities sake,

http://pandasaurusgames.com/idw-games/

To be fair I quit reading after Pandasaurus was billed as a "board game giant" figured the rest of the article was full of similar lies.

I guess the Nathan and NM that posted all those day to day KS updates was just some other "stooge"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
stooge wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

For clarities sake,

To be fair I quit reading after Pandasaurus was billed as a "board game giant" figured the rest of the article was full of similar lies.

I guess the Nathan and NM that posted all those day to day KS updates was just some other "stooge"?

Thats Nate Murray actually. He works for IDW.

And yeah, IDW and Pandasaurus have a partnership, but are not the same company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
stooge wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

For clarities sake,

Thats Nate Murray actually. He works for IDW.

And yeah, IDW and Pandasaurus have a partnership, but are not the same company.

You also don't even have an email listed on your website. lol
Not that you actually seem to see my posts( never respond to questions I alone ask on the forums) OR respond to my geekmails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Murray
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
ColtsFan76 wrote:

The Pandasaurus side of IDW was/is not responsible for the customer service of this Kickstarter. that's IDW's responsibility. And that falls on me. There's certainly some extra name confusion w/ my initials. Sorry for that.

Sorry for the mix up, Joshua. It's a temporary glitch and you are getting the Works. It's just that when the pledge manager closed it defaulted a few people to the base tier.

It'll get fixed in the AM. Apologies. It looks like our CS person also intimated this to you.

(And we're a very small team too, guys. Like, I would love to hire all of you small).

-NM

Nate Murray of IDW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Murray
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
ColtsFan76 wrote:
stooge wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

For clarities sake,

Can confirm. There are two NMs. One is the IDW agent in question (HAI!!!) in this thread. The other runs Panda and helps us with high-level work on our stuff.

If I'm to be a stooge, can I be Shemp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Walsh
Australia
Craigieburn
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a backer here too. Whilst there hasn't been a stack of updates the game is solid, print and play is out there too now.

I do know that IDW Games is only a teeny tiny part of the IDW family (only a couple of full timers there and Nate also runs a bunch of other departments too) so I get sometimes updates are far and few between. This is IDWs first big box minis game too, its a learning curve for everyone.

Aside from that, from what I have seen so far the art, minis and gameplay all look great.

In all honesty IDW is the best thing thats ever happened to TMNT, if you haven't read the comics do yourself a treat, they are amazing. Takes the whole franchise and creates a roller coaster ride of awesomeness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the contact from IDW is very poor. I have emailed a number of times for updates as I was a late backer and the updates on KS are for backers only. I have asked for a number of updates so I can know what is going on as the updates are few and far between. Took at least 6 weeks before there was an update to tell us the game was delayed, even thought it was already late.

Maybe ill get a response here. I backed Santorini late and I am emailed the KS updates. This is all I ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Walsh
Australia
Craigieburn
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenzie316 wrote:
Yeah the contact from IDW is very poor. I have emailed a number of times for updates as I was a late backer and the updates on KS are for backers only. I have asked for a number of updates so I can know what is going on as the updates are few and far between. Took at least 6 weeks before there was an update to tell us the game was delayed, even thought it was already late.

Maybe ill get a response here. I backed Santorini late and I am emailed the KS updates. This is all I ask.

There is a FB community too that shares homebrew stuff and the updates etc. The whole IDW team is also part of the group too pretty sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMNTShadowsOfThePast/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Jinxstar wrote:
told all of you from the start... This will be mediocre trash like every other IDW game.

Yes, you did. Perhaps you've noticed we still don't give a crap?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
Jinxstar wrote:
told all of you from the start... This will be mediocre trash like every other IDW game.

Yes, you did. Perhaps you've noticed we still don't give a crap?

Your right. Off topic. I'll wait for real reviews to say I told you so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.