Subject: Action point clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased the game and have yet to play it. I've watched some videos as well as read the manuals...

I wanted some clarification on how the action point system works. Let's say I am playing a 2 player game. We each select our heroes, the 3rd is chosen and the 4th is random. Our own characters get an action token (2 total). Each event card then adds actions. Let's say in this example 2.

My interpretation is that we now have 2 individual actions for our heroes and then 2 to distribute how we like. For a total of 4 actions. Is this correct?

Can our heroe action tokens be used on one of the NPCs? Or only the available action points from the event card?

Also.., I am guessing the reason for the zed placement and movement rules are because we now have more combined actions. Correct?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing with 2 players, you would each choose one hero to play and the other two would be random.

You're partially right about the actions: You will each get one player action and you will get additional actions as described by the event card. But you don't have to spend your player action on your personal hero. The two of you can determine together how each of those actions (player and event) can be spent and they can be spent on any hero or any other player unit.

(Note that your heroes might also have additional actions which only that hero can spend for a special ability. But these are still distinct from your player actions.)

You're also right about the Zeds Pressure. They get additional placements and movement to balance out that the players now have more actions than you would if you were playing a solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmwest wrote:
The two of you can determine together how each of those actions (player and event) can be spent and they can be spent on any hero or any other player unit.

The only thing I'd add is that the rules have language to the effect of stating the player in charge of the character being acted on has final say on actions being suggested by other players. So if my buddy is trying to use his player action to get my character to run forward into a potentially moving Zed horde, I can veto it.

I can't imagine that being a factor in a friendly co-op game, but I guess you need to account for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks guys. Really looking forward to my first play. I think I've got everything down. I'm a Mage Knight vet, so shouldn't be too complicated. Thanks for clarification on player actions, I missed that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.