Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bailey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, love the game!

Just to be certain: My fiance and I played this as a team, really enjoyed it. One thing that came up a few times and really cost us was this example:

1) We roll our planning phase dice.
2) We re-roll whichever ones we don't much care for.
3) We still end up with a single (for example) Native Contact die that we really don't want.

As per an earlier clarification about not *having* to hunt, I assume we don't *have* to conduct the Native Contact phase even though we've got a planning die stuck in that column. If I'm correct, the only penalty here is in not using that die for anything. We played it that we *had* to carry out the phase, and it repeatedly brutalized us, probably a good indicator we screwed up the rule...

Thanks in advance!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been playing that you are stuck with the dice after the re-roll, and must roll on the appropriate table.

Of oourse, if your interpretation is correct, it would explain why I have yet to make it more than 5 hexes from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not *have* to do any of the following phases that you rolled during Planning, but you can only do phases that you have rolled during Planning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow, that changes everything! I'm going to have to try another game. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.