SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Preorder delivery? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean K
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Anyone have any idea when those of us who pre-ordered the game can expect to receive it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In service to the Imperium of Man
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Set your expectations for mid to late September. Be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a month ago, Plaid Hat support was saying that their preorders would ship late August or early September, with third-party sites trailing behind. At Gencon, Rob mentioned that he thought the ships were being loaded (during Gencon), and that delivery would probably occur in September or possibly October. Both of these estimates are somewhat ambiguous, though.

For what its worth, I've sent a query to PHG Support to see if they have any updated shipping info. If I hear anything back, I'll post it. (I'm hoping for a ship name, so we can track it online!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received notification that my shipping notice has been created. No idea when it might ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I received notification that my shipping notice has been created. No idea when it might ship.

Really? Are you sure its for SeaFall? If it is, that would be a surprise, though a thoroughly pleasant one -- since it might well mean that the games have reached Plaid Hat's warehouse (ie, the original estimate is about right, and Rob's was pessimistic)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Skeptical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
martimer wrote:

Really? Are you sure its for SeaFall? If it is, that would be a surprise, though a thoroughly pleasant one -- since it might well mean that the games have reached Plaid Hat's warehouse (ie, the original estimate is about right, and Rob's was pessimistic)!
Gaaack! I posted in the wrong forum! I am sick and fairly out of it (more than I thought). Sorry.

I do hope the pre-orders ship on time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
martimer wrote:
Becq wrote:
martimer wrote:

Gaaack! I posted in the wrong forum! I am sick and fairly out of it (more than I thought). Sorry.

I do hope the pre-orders ship on time.

I am beginning to worry there might not be enough units for Essen.

Please let there be enough (English) units for Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
About a month ago, Plaid Hat support was saying that their preorders would ship late August or early September, with third-party sites trailing behind. At Gencon, Rob mentioned that he thought the ships were being loaded (during Gencon), and that delivery would probably occur in September or possibly October. Both of these estimates are somewhat ambiguous, though.

For what its worth, I've sent a query to PHG Support to see if they have any updated shipping info. If I hear anything back, I'll post it. (I'm hoping for a ship name, so we can track it online!)

They avoided sending potentially useful information such as the name of the ship, but indicated that they still expect to receive the shipment and send out preorder shipping notices in the late August to mid September timeframe. If so, it sounds as though PHG preorders should be getting their games by the end of September (though possibly earlier in the month). I think they originally indicated that third-party retailers would lag by up to a month.
Plaid Hat Support wrote:
When our copies arrive and are sent to preorder customers, we will send out tracking information. We are expecting this in late August/ Mid September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hayden
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
For what it's worth, Plaid Hat Games's twitter account has been talking about this same timeframe (late August to mid-September) for a month or so, so it does seem like pre-orders can expect to start seeing shipping info in the next 2-4 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Becq wrote:

They avoided sending potentially useful information such as the name of the ship, but indicated that they still expect to receive the shipment and send out preorder shipping notices in the late August to mid September timeframe. If so, it sounds as though PHG preorders should be getting their games by the end of September (though possibly earlier in the month). I think they originally indicated that third-party retailers would lag by up to a month.
Plaid Hat Support wrote:
When our copies arrive and are sent to preorder customers, we will send out tracking information. We are expecting this in late August/ Mid September.

Well, given that it's a game where you can attack ships, do you really think they'd give out what ship the goods are on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Well, given that it's a game where you can attack ships, do you really think they'd give out what ship the goods are on?

Well, they also haven't released the rules for raiding ships yet (and those few who have those rules already have their copy), so their ship is safe regardless...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gilbert
Canada
Val-d'Or
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On the Plaid Hat Game 's website, they say they will ship the pre-orders in the 1rst week of October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnodingo wrote:
On the Plaid Hat Game 's website, they say they will ship the pre-orders in the 1rst week of October.

Yup. Would be nice to have an update, as there's been none in the last ... what, three weeks now? At the very least, it would be nice to know whether or not the shipment has been released from customs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Muller
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder if the rumored Hanjin Shipping bankruptcy will have an impact on the delivery date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe it should affect them if the boxes are already with customs. If they haven't been received by customs, then it may be the reason for the delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.