Subject: Why no House Do'Urden? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
Opened the box and noticed 2 no name houses in this 4 player game. Why was House Do'Urden (Drizzts house) not included? Weird & so sad!
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because... at least we're I'm at in the series...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
House Do'Urden was destroyed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matron Mother Baenre has taken note of your concern and will be sending a few priestesses shortly to ask you to elaborate about this non-existent House you seem so interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Matron Mother Baenre has taken note of your concern and will be sending a few priestesses shortly to ask you to elaborate about this non-existent House you seem so interested in.

I have read the Drizzt series multiple time and am currently rereading the 3 book Homeland Series, so I know the history of House Du'Orden (no spoilers). This game is based on Drizzt's home, so should include his homeland. We wouldn't even be talking about the under dark if it wasn't for Drizzt Do'Urden.

I don't recall an exact Forgotten Realm date specified with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for the location that featured so strongly in Adventure P2 (4th edition). I couldn't find it. sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ketchup61925 wrote:
I don't recall an exact Forgotten Realm date specified with the game.

It's clearly 5th edition D&D core setting era Forgotten Realms. As is to be expected.

All the villain groups in the half-decks are thematically tied to the more recent 5th edition Adventurers League campaigns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons_a...

Cult of Dragons
Elemental Evil
Rage of Demons (Underdark/Demons).

The next D&D boardgame coming out is Assault of the Giants which is also a direct tie-in to their upcoming Adventurers League campaign.

This is all cross-promotional material. WotC is not there to promote R.A. Salvatore, but their own products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ketchup61925 wrote:
We wouldn't even be talking about the under dark if it wasn't for Drizzt Do'Urden.

The setting existed before the the drizzt books. I love the setting but I have never been interested in the books or drizzt as a character. I may be a minority but I doubt I'm alone in those thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I can play this game without being reminded of that character or those terrible books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
ketchup61925 wrote:
We wouldn't even be talking about the under dark if it wasn't for Drizzt Do'Urden.

The setting existed before the the drizzt books. I love the setting but I have never been interested in the books or drizzt as a character. I may be a minority but I doubt I'm alone in those thoughts.

The Underworld setting may have existed before the drizzt books, but the drow society was molded, crafted, and cemented into the world of the Forgotten Realms by R.A. Salvatore.

And since the players in this game take the role of Drow houses, they are obviously referring to all of those that have been created in the Drizzt series.

But to echo previous mentions. House Do'Urden was destroyed long ago.

However to the OP's point....
House Do'Urden was recently resurrected and now exists as a functioning house so they could have put it in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but it's just a fake shell to besmirch Drizz't's name. I don't think that qualifies them as one of the masterminds of the Underdark, though I could see them being Minions for a future expansion deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this continues to be successful I could see Do'Urden be an expansion house later o to allow for additional players. I would also expect additional market decks, possibly with guild specializations (mage, fighter, priestess, mercenaries) or something with magical items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my bet is on a Giants deck. You know. Because it's the next campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the houses and things involved (Gauntlgrym) House Do'urden will not be in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.