Support:

Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
What to do when your big toe nail comes off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well I wouldn't normally do it immediately but a good grilled dinner is a nice pick me up after something bad like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, human is said to taste like pork, I imagine that you could trade out the two meats in the recipes.

SPAM definitely does not stand for Synthetic Protein Approximating Man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When your toenail comes off, that means you've got toelio.

You may need a toe truck too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go:
http://woundcaresociety.org/what-to-do-when-your-big-toe-nai...

I recommend following the nine treatment steps before you start grilling the pork tenderloin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in a great neighborhood. I stopped at the Walgreens a block from my house on my way home from work to ask Bruce the Pharmacist and my Primary Care Doctor was right there picking up her own prescriptions. And they agreed on the proper treatment. If the nail is ready to come off, it will come off. Soak the foot in warm water to expedite the process. End of story.

Beginning of story. This is a result of stubbing my toe in the dark on a section of broken uneven sidewalk in front of my house. I thought I broke a toe. All I did was drive the nail back into the toe meat. The toe turned purple, blue, yellow and red and bled a little. So I bandaged it up then walked half a mile to and back from the ice cream store with my lovely neighbor and her 3 dogs. Now by the time we started back it was getting squishy in the toe of my sock.

Next day I took a picture of the bad section of sidewalk AND my purple bloody toe(I will not post it here) and sent both to my District 9 city councilman. (It amuses me that I live in District 9.) Then I went to Urgent Care.

The Urgent Care nurse thought the doctor might have to take the nail. He didn't but he did prescribe 10 days worth of an antibiotic and have me soak it twice a day in 50/50 warm water and hydrogen peroxide for a week and keep it bandaged in between soaks.

Everything seemed normal after a couple weeks of prescribed care. I was able to trim it, leave it unbandaged and walk in my regular shoes. I went back to a normal routine.

This morning while putting my socks on I saw the the nail was coming loose from the bed. My question became do I soak it, bandage it or keep it dry. Question answered. Go to first paragraph.

The other good news is I got an email from my District 9 councilman stating the money has been allocated and the sidewalk will be repaired by June 30th, 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WebMD wrote:
It's probably cancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Be glad you didn't stub your crotch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Judo class, circa 1988. Blackbelt is using me as a crash-test dummy, but that's OK, my theory is that I'm getting extra practice smashing into the floor.

Then he steps in to throw me over his hip, mistimes slightly and steps on my foot. Second toe breaks and the toenail is yanked out as he throws me.

We never did get all the blood off the tatami. And that toe is still an odd shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I got nothing.

Aw, cheer up. You gotta thumb just for participating.

If you want I'll PM you a picture of my injured bloody toe. Granted it's not up there with Paul's face after his bicycle accident but people who have seen it winced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OSAKA Kobe KYOTO Nara BULLET to TOKYO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
I live in a great neighborhood. I stopped at the Walgreens a block from my house on my way home from work to ask Bruce the Pharmacist and my Primary Care Doctor was right there picking up her own prescriptions. And they agreed on the proper treatment. If the nail is ready to come off, it will come off. Soak the foot in warm water to expedite the process. End of story.

Beginning of story. This is a result of stubbing my toe in the dark on a section of broken uneven sidewalk in front of my house. I thought I broke a toe. All I did was drive the nail back into the toe meat. The toe turned purple, blue, yellow and red and bled a little. So I bandaged it up then walked half a mile to and back from the ice cream store with my lovely neighbor and her 3 dogs. Now by the time we started back it was getting squishy in the toe of my sock.

Next day I took a picture of the bad section of sidewalk AND my purple bloody toe(I will not post it here) and sent both to my District 9 city councilman. (It amuses me that I live in District 9.) Then I went to Urgent Care.

The Urgent Care nurse thought the doctor might have to take the nail. He didn't but he did prescribe 10 days worth of an antibiotic and have me soak it twice a day in 50/50 warm water and hydrogen peroxide for a week and keep it bandaged in between soaks.

Everything seemed normal after a couple weeks of prescribed care. I was able to trim it, leave it unbandaged and walk in my regular shoes. I went back to a normal routine.

This morning while putting my socks on I saw the the nail was coming loose from the bed. My question became do I soak it, bandage it or keep it dry. Question answered. Go to first paragraph.

The other good news is I got an email from my District 9 councilman stating the money has been allocated and the sidewalk will be repaired by June 30th, 2017.

So what really happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I popped the nail off one of my big toes climbing out of the pool in high school. Slipped and scraped it along the wall and POP off it came. Hurt like hell and got me out of swim class for the rest of the semester. I believe the doc gave me similar advice, keep it on until it was ready to fall off on its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.