5 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Shattered Bonds scenario playing time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the app suggests 120-180 minutes but so far it has taken us about 1 h longer than the suggested playing time: 1st scenario took us almost 3 hours and the 2nd scenario took us almost 4 hours. The difficulty seems to be 5/5, so I guess we can lose this scenario quickly devil? Anyone with experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
I know the app suggests 120-180 minutes but so far it has taken us about 1 h longer than the suggested playing time: 1st scenario took us almost 3 hours and the 2nd scenario took us almost 4 hours. The difficulty seems to be 5/5, so I guess we can lose this scenario quickly :devil:? Anyone with experience?

Took us 4 hours the second playthrough, which we did amazingly better than the first time, which took around 3 hours I think. Both games with 5 players.

So I'm guessing if you do good at it, it will longer than it took us. As we got the same map the 2nd time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hours and 6 minutes last night with 2 players. We lost at the very end of the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka Lindström
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got the scenario through (won) with 5 players in less than 3,5 hours. We are roleplaying types so the play involved a lot discussion, pondering, reading out loud the text etc. That was our first game as a group, although I had played (solo) the first scenario and had familiarized myself with the rules.

About half of the play group had played 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
In my experience so far, the given time estimates are correct if playing solo. Apply half an hour per additional player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.