Hide
5 Posts

Legendary: Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spider-Man and LockJaw rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Douglas
msg tools
Does having a single LockJaw sidekick mean that your spider-friends can never miss drawing a card. The rules make no mention of number of times you can phase each turn. So can you phase Lockjaw to the top of your deck, play a spider-friend card, reveal LockJaw, draw the inhuman puppy, phase it for whatever cost card is on top, and repeat.

This would mean that you could purchase as many cards as you want that cost more than 2 and would never miss with the spider-friends drawing ability. Is this correct and did all the spider-friends get a major boost as long as you can find LockJaw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh...wow, I think you are right. That is actually pretty awesome haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Doogles4221 wrote:
Does having a single LockJaw sidekick mean that your spider-friends can never miss drawing a card. The rules make no mention of number of times you can phase each turn. So can you phase Lockjaw to the top of your deck, play a spider-friend card, reveal LockJaw, draw the inhuman puppy, phase it for whatever cost card is on top, and repeat.

This would mean that you could purchase as many cards as you want that cost more than 2 and would never miss with the spider-friends drawing ability. Is this correct and did all the spider-friends get a major boost as long as you can find LockJaw?

That is correct, and it is glorious. Playtested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Yes you can.

But I don't see what the big deal is?

The number of times you can use a phasing card isn't limited, but the number of Spidey cards you have is limited.

So to get a huge hand, that means you need to buy tons of Spideys - which work with each other anyway.

If you many cards with a higher cost, your chain will stop since you won't have enough Spideys to continue.

If you don't buy many cards with a higher cost, then you're pretty much doing the regular Spidey chain.

All Lockjaw does is let you get a couple of higher cost cards into the mix. Not a huge advantage.

I still think Phasing is a stupid design since it can loop forever, but I don't see the issue here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiccan's 2-cost common has phasing too, so would be useful for mixing some higher cost cards into your spider-friends deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.