Hide
10 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Unit colours - starnge decision rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
I know it's traditional in boardgames to have the good pieces in white and the evil in black, but in this case wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to reverse it? Black star destroyers and stormtroopers just look wrong!

I know most rebel ships are white in the movies too, but apart from the X-wings none of them are iconic!

Maybe even forget about consistent colours per side and keep the X wings white and the TIEs black?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Paint them anyway you must.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have gotten different colors than you. My Empire pieces are all grey, not black, and when I think Star Destroyer, I usually think "grey" (the whiter shade in New Hope notwithstanding).

KinginAmber wrote:
Maybe even forget about consistent colours per side and keep the X wings white and the TIEs black?

That wouldn't be confusing at all, having the colors intermixed between the sides.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtroopers and Star Destroyers might not be traditionally grey (although as Scott said, the Star Destroyers vary in shade throughout the trilogy), basically every other Imperial unit is that color - TIEs, AT-STs, AT-ATs, Gozanti cruisers, Super Star Destroyers, the Death Star... it makes sense to use the color that fits for the majority of units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
My pieces are a darker shade of grey than any of those units you mention - maybe it varies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
My pieces are a dark grey, too. But not nearly dark enough where I'd equate them to "black".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the original poster got a used copy, which was primed with black paint? It is obviously grey for all of us, it would be strange to have different ones. FFG is exceptional in component quality.

PS: Pics or they arent black!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, not sure about the "black" pieces, that's strange.

I would say, though, look at the components for Imperial Assault. It looks like they just used the same color scheme for the Rebels/Imp.

A lot of people paint Imp Assault- some do for Rebellion, too. As others have suggested, if the color bothers you, painting can actually be a lot of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Morin
United States
New Port Richey
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Painting the minis is fun, and not that difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
tmorin2454 wrote:

Nice!

Not sure if I see this correctly - are the ISDs and SSDs not fully painted, only various details (colour spots) added?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.