Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any experience getting poster-size prints made? I'd like to put out a large map for one of my games, but I'm not sure who to go to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed a single size poster print from here http://www.shortrunposters.com/ and it was very reasonable for price and shipping. No complaints at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done anything poster sized yet (and by poster, I'm thinking at least 3 ft x 3 ft)

But whenever I think about it, I consider how much it would be handled, and how it would be stored. Game boards that approach that size are usually quad fold on chipboard. And then there are wargame maps that are typically on paper but kept flat by being under glass or a sheet of transparent plastic.

And then there's the option of printing onto fabric. And I sometimes consider using Artscow to get myself a personal prototype

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
Most office supply stores (eg Office Max) will do large format prints for a modest price. For instance printing an 18xx map generally runs around $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers, Winter Game Fest, etc.
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
Anyone have any experience getting poster-size prints made? I'd like to put out a large map for one of my games, but I'm not sure who to go to.

Use Tyvec paper, if you can find a printer who has it. Spray the finished print to preserve the ink from abrasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.