Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a situation where Vercingeterix triggers a battle. The SA is Entreat. The Entreat kills the last piece in his space. So the note says march and entreat per above. I assume that we do the entreat then march to mass forces. Is this correct?

So while I am at it the march to mass is a bit confusing as well. It says march with Vercingetorix to an adjacent area, then says march to a second area later on (if needed). So when marching to mass will Vercingetorix moves two spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My interpretation to the first question is the same as yours.
Vercingetorix and his group will move into a second region only to fulfill the March priority, i.e. if more Arveni can be grouped around him. So it depends on the situation on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I have a situation where Vercingeterix triggers a battle. The SA is Entreat. The Entreat kills the last piece in his space. So the note says march and entreat per above. I assume that we do the entreat then march to mass forces. Is this correct?

By the book (and flow chart), this would lead via the "If none" arrow from Battle to a "March under Threat" (as noted by the "per above" that you cite). If those March priorities somehow lead to a further "If none", then the Event/Rally/March checks below that would ensue.

Mark, does this resolve the situation that your NP Arverni were in?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So while I am at it the march to mass is a bit confusing as well. It says march with Vercingetorix to an adjacent area, then says march to a second area later on (if needed). So when marching to mass will Vercingetorix moves two spaces?

8.7.6 March to Mass? does not exactly say that. There are two exclusive possibilities, each resulting in March to 1 Region only:

Quote:
... The Arverni Leader Marches, along with as many Arverni Warbands as can reach his destination while achieving the following (avoiding Harassment per 8.7.1).

• Add Arverni Control to one Region that does not yet have it and
contains at least one Legion. Select a Region with Caesar only if
only the Arverni will end the move with more than twice as many
mobile pieces (Warbands plus Vercingetorix) there as the Romans
(Legions plus Auxilia plus Caesar).

• If the above is not possible, instead move the Arverni Leader and
all Warbands possible to gather the largest number of Arverni
pieces possible into one Region that is adjacent to at least one
Legion. In this case, leave one Arverni Warband behind in each
origin Region.

So Vercingetorix may or may not March a distance of 2 Regions, depending on what is needed to achieve either the first or second of these priorities.

Does that answer?

Cheers! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it seems like I did it right.

Vercingetorix and friends were alone with an Aedui ally. This triggered the battle. The Entreat removed the battle, so Vercingetorix and friends will March to mass unless that just plain isn't possible.

The nearest Arverni warbands were two spaces away so Vercingetorix and friend marched to join them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.