$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 81.39

5,443 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.3% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: These new expansions include more dice, right? :P rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I know this is a pipe dream, I really wish the upcoming Recurring Nightmares expansion would include more dice. 5 just isn't enough, especially when playing in larger groups. And if they don't include some dice, can you at least sell a separate dice pack?

Come on FFG! Give us some way of purchasing more dice!!!

-shnar
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me to this chorus.

The inevitable dice pack will be a day one purchase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just like Arkham Horror, I'm sure they'll sell the dice separately--5 dice for $10.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently ffg have asked for a petition to gauge interest (similar to one for fan based scenario support). It can be found on the ffg community forums MoM2E site if you are interested.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
After reading about it, we use X-Wing miniatures defense dice. It was especially helpful when we had 5 players giving this a whirl. Basically 3 sides on the die are for Evade (Elder Sign/Success), and 2 sides on the die are for Focus (Investigation).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aosinator wrote:
After reading about it, we use X-Wing miniatures defense dice. It was especially helpful when we had 5 players giving this a whirl. Basically 3 sides on the die are for Evade (Elder Sign/Success), and 2 sides on the die are for Focus (Investigation).

No wonder I have such problems with these dice. Green dice always hate me...

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for 14mm rounded edge black die with white pips to be included in Eldritch Horror expansions, that size is tough to find.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for extra packs of MoM2e dice to be sold...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised they didn't include 6 or 7 dice to begin with. It's not that infrequent that a player needs to roll 6 dice. I've only played one game, but it happened several times in our game. We picked up an item with a +1 in a category that we already had a 5 in...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FRPGames has blank 8-sided dice on sale:
http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=95599
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keitharchaeologist wrote:
Apparently ffg have asked for a petition to gauge interest (similar to one for fan based scenario support). It can be found on the ffg community forums MoM2E site if you are interested.


https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227641-petiti...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Nilsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mfaulk80 wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't include 6 or 7 dice to begin with. It's not that infrequent that a player needs to roll 6 dice. I've only played one game, but it happened several times in our game. We picked up an item with a +1 in a category that we already had a 5 in...

You are still limited to 5 dice no matter how high your stat + bonuses are.
A dice pack would be great though!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedishcow wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't include 6 or 7 dice to begin with. It's not that infrequent that a player needs to roll 6 dice. I've only played one game, but it happened several times in our game. We picked up an item with a +1 in a category that we already had a 5 in...

You are still limited to 5 dice no matter how high your stat + bonuses are.
A dice pack would be great though!


RRG pg 18 under tests wrote:
If his dice pool is greater than the number of dice available, he rolls as many dice as possible, records the results, and rolls the dice again until he has rolled dice equal to his dice pool.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedishcow wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't include 6 or 7 dice to begin with. It's not that infrequent that a player needs to roll 6 dice. I've only played one game, but it happened several times in our game. We picked up an item with a +1 in a category that we already had a 5 in...

You are still limited to 5 dice no matter how high your stat + bonuses are.
A dice pack would be great though!


That's wrong - if you're referring to the Component Limitations section in the rules reference, that doesn't apply to dice. Dice aren't the same as tokens, as your investigator or the board may have a certain number of tokens of whatever type, but no investigator or the board will ever have dice in their possession or placed on them as a resource.

Also the 'Test' section says:

'If his dice pool is greater than the number of dice available, he rolls as many dice as possible, records the results, and rolls the dice again until he has rolled dice equal to his dice pool.'

Edit: too slow, like old man
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.