5,241 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had tremendous fun with the Battle of Five Armies; played it countless times. Considering that there's no news AG might be releasing the two battles even in a pre-production phase, we've been thinking about printing out the board and using various proxies for the missing components. Is that a good idea? Should we, naturally, wait for at least the Warriors of Middle-earth expansion (due to a number of components in there)?

Regarding the miniatures.
Rohan has got 10 Regulars, so it's missing 4. That's quite easily solved by putting in four more minis of the Gondor basic unit (or even the Elf Spearman from BOFA, for that matter). Regarding the 3 Rohan Captain Miniatures, are they really necessary, or we could just make custom tokens for Theoden, Theodred and Eomer? We've also got the Treebeard miniature (released as a Promo along with LOME). The 12 Half-Orcs are just the same minis of the Goblins from BOFA. The upcoming expansion introduces Dunlendings, however only 8 of them, which means that 4 more have gotta be proxied, for which we could, I guess, use the Evil Men.

The recruitment tokens, I guess, can be directly used from BOFA. There seems to exist a total of 9 custom cards, but since they're not secret it's easy to recreate them. What worries me the most is that there appears to be an entire custom deck (the Grima Event Deck?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...g7vcAAOSw-itXsuwz
This would be easier. There are other items you are missing from your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sixtoedcat wrote:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...g7vcAAOSw-itXsuwz
This would be easier. There are other items you are missing from your list.

And what other specific items may those be? If you're referring to the stuff for the Siege of Minas Tirith, I am aware; I've just listed the case for Helm's Deep as an example. I don't think it's significantly more different in Minas Tirith's case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.