Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Atlantic Wall: D-Day to Falaise» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Para Infantry Opening Moves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
What are some of your strategies with the Para Infantry in the opening moves of the campaign?

What are your plans for the newly arrived Para's when Playing the Germans?

I know as the Allied player I like to circle my wagons. Those little 1 strength point 6 PR Para FoW units are very vulnerable and like cat nip to nearby German Units. as a German Player I seek out lone Para FoW units and gobble as many up as I can as fast as I can. Even revealed they are little 2 point units and easy meat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug John
United States
Inyokern
California
flag msg tools
A lot depends on the landing. The 6th AB has to build a defensive line as far out as they can and hope that the German player doesn't hit them with the 21st Pz too soon. Since a lot of their troops don't come in until the next morning, If they aren't careful they can take a beating real quick.

The 82nd should try and set a defensive line out to the west at the maximum supply range they can.

The 101st should regroup and try to start hitting the Germans as soon as possible around Carentan before the Germans can get too many forces dug in there.

Of course both divisions should try and pick off any German units that they can inside the planned perimeter to help the amphibious forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I push the perimeter out with the 6th Airborne. I also try and secure bridges and block roads from the east. I am not too concerned with 21Pz counterattacking on June 6. That bridge head over the Orne is priority one for me as the British player. Keeping it stretches the German lines, makes Caen vulnerable from the east, and puts Germans defending in poor defensive terrain. The flip is true also. The Germans should make a significant effort to close or at least limit the bridgehead.

82nd Airborne in my opinion has the least to do. Secure St Mere Eglise of course. I like to try and take the secondary road in hex row A47xx and put my perimeter there. It is a little outside the supply range but I'm okay with that. This area will be a stale mate early in the game with the 243rd digging in opposite the 82nd.

101st Airborne is primarily tasked with pushing on Carentan as quickly as possible. Any good German player will make this difficult. The airborne using their engineers can traverse the rivers and flooded hexes to flank Carentan to try and cut off supply and reinforcements.

Thanks Joey, now everyone knows my plan! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.