6 Posts

Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mad king vs monk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I dont like this
msg tools
Hello again...

Sorry for asking so many questions but im playing a lot lately.

Question is....

Does man the watchtowers: "if an ability or action would deal damage to your hero or to royal guards you control, intead deals half that damage, rounded down"

Completly shuts down the monk since all his abilities are deal 1 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhat yes.

The monk can target other units with some of his abilities. As he gets focus tokens, all his 1 damage abilites become 2 damage abilites ( and eventually 3).

It would not be a good matchup for the monk. But not all matches have to be perfectly even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Sarimrune wrote:

It would not be a good matchup for the monk. But not all matches have to be perfectly even.

I wouldn't say that, most of the time I've seen monks aim for units anyway. If you can thin the herd and make direct attack with units since they have more attack value than the monk's abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
The monk can target other units with some of his abilities.

The Monk is lucky that most of his abilities include the words "target unit or hero", because without those words attacks always target the opposing Hero.

The good thing here, is that as the Monk you can split the Royal Decrees in such a way as to put one you don't care about with Man the Watchtowers because you know the King will (usually) always choose it against the Monk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
w0lfang wrote:
Hello again...

Sorry for asking so many questions but im playing a lot lately.

Question is....

Does man the watchtowers: "if an ability or action would deal damage to your hero or to royal guards you control, intead deals half that damage, rounded down"

Completly shuts down the monk since all his abilities are deal 1 damage?

Once the monk builds enough Focus Counters, his abilities start to do more than 1 damage each time. Also of note is that his abilities can target units as well, which Man the Watchtowers don't protect (unless they are Royal Guards).

Man the Watchtowers definitely makes the game trickier for the Monk, but he still has a good chance to win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I dont like this
msg tools
The way i read the ability got me thinking that he needed to deal 1 damage and then he would deal 1 extra damage per 10 counters....
I take it it just changes the damage to 2, 3 and so on huh?

Thank you for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.