$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 117.69

7,136 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » General

Subject: Paratrooper 2nd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Belgium
Kemmel
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,

As it is apparently difficult to find the 2nd Edition of Paratrooper, I am wondering if I could use the First edition (much more affordable) together with the last version of the Rulebook of ASL to learn the game using Chapter K. (I just started with ASLSK #1)

Or do I lack other materials to be able to do that?

Thanks for any comments
Lionel
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have/get boards 1-4,24 that's all you need and the 2nd edition rulebook (full chapter K is in the rulebook)

all the counters/units/scenario cards are included

its a nice lil'module
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you will be fine with the first edition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Kemmel
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thanks for the super fast response. Buying some new maps for it at MMP will make it fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Note that if you read through Chapter K, some LOS might not be correct for the SK-style boards.

Chapter K was written for the old mounted boards.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Kemmel
Belgium
flag msg tools
klasmalmstrom wrote:
Note that if you read through Chapter K, some LOS might not be correct for the SK-style boards.

Chapter K was written for the old mounted boards.

That is indeed important to know
Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LionelR wrote:
klasmalmstrom wrote:
Note that if you read through Chapter K, some LOS might not be correct for the SK-style boards.

Chapter K was written for the old mounted boards.

That is indeed important to know
Thanks


Would this LOS issue also impact the vassal boards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Old Blue wrote:
LionelR wrote:
klasmalmstrom wrote:
Note that if you read through Chapter K, some LOS might not be correct for the SK-style boards.

Chapter K was written for the old mounted boards.

That is indeed important to know
Thanks


Would this LOS issue also impact the vassal boards?

Yes, I believe it might.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh - thank you! That explains a couple of head scratching moments when I used Ch K's LOS and vassal.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Tis now the season to send insanity and presents to fellow geeks.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the LOS tutorial when you're on the hill, the building on the original boards didn't cover the hex center dot, so LOS was clear through that hex when chapter K was written. But on the new/VASSAL boards, the building does block line of sight. As far as I can recall, that's the only difference significant enough to affect LOS.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Kemmel
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thank you for the additions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.