Popular Tags: Virtue_Signaling [+] [View All]
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb

Yesterday Ellen posted this photoshopped image on twitter with the title, "This is how I'm running errands from now on." and of course the liberals are already shouting about how racist it is. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots. This is just a funny image with a funny comment, there is nothing racist here. Racism is when you see a person of a certain skin color and treat them in a specific way because of their skin color, exactly like liberals do with blacks, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not be racist, but it does recall images like this.

No not racist, just fantastically ignorant and insensitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love when nutters get bitten by their own snake. You leftists created this shit storm and now have to live with the consequences.

Now run to your safe space !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't stand Ellen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I love when nuttera get bitten by their own snake. You leftists created this shit storm and now have to live with the consequences.

Now run to your safe space !
It must be killing you that the PC police are consistent and aren't out to only get you and your other members of the persecution complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for the photo, I don't think Ellen or her creative team, was thinking when they made it. As it is, Reparations peoople should use it as their go-to metaphor for protest signs. Ellen as white America and Bolt as African-Americans since the first slave ship. I'd write it up as a bone headed gaffe, but it does have some symbolic value now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
As for the photo, I don't think Ellen or her creative team, was thinking when they made it. As it is, Reparations peoople should use it as their go-to metaphor for protest signs. Ellen as white America and Bolt as African-Americans since the first slave ship. I'd write it up as a bone headed gaffe, but it does have some symbolic value now.

Last time I looked Bolt wasn't American. African-American seems to be a knee jerk for black these days. One of the dumber American papers allegedly once called Mandela an African-American South African due to this editing process. (I think is apocryphal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:

Last time I looked Bolt wasn't American. African-American seems to be a knee jerk for black these days.

It's been going on for a while. I remember the announcer talking about the French African-American gymnast Surya Bonale a decade ago or so.

But, technically Jamaica is in the Americas, at least....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing racist about it. She picked a photo of a gold medal winning sprinter. If it happened to be a white person who won, then it would have featured a white person.

Is she treating someone different because of their race? If not, then it's not racism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
Last time I looked Bolt wasn't American. African-American seems to be a knee jerk for black these days. One of the dumber American papers allegedly once called Mandela an African-American South African due to this editing process. (I think is apocryphal).
Well, it really depends on what your definition of "american" is. He is from Jamaica. He could be, and likely is, descended from slaves that were part of the same slave trade as north american Africans. It's kind of splitting hairs. If he was from the Congo, I would agree. Heck, much of the Slave trade occurred before their was even a U.S., so I could go back and edit my post to be Europeans and Africans and be more inclusive and accurate if you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I can't stand Ellen.

Why do you hate lesbians? Homophobe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
. . . and of course the liberals are already shouting about how racist it is. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots.

That's the motto of the 21st Century.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
I can't stand Ellen.

She's a shit Oscar's host and her comedy routine is lame. I don't think any of that is related to her sexual orientation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I don't think any of that is related to her sexual orientation?
Why would you put a question mark on that sentence unless you suspect it is true?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
jmilum wrote:
I don't think any of that is related to her sexual orientation?
Why would you put a question mark on that sentence unless you suspect it is true?

I'm asking it of the dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I'm asking it of the dude.
Hmm, we've got our eye on you. You better make sure your papers are in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey now! Some of my best friends are Lesbians. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ellen is the comedic equivalent of lukewarm oatmeal, but I'm fairly confident that she's not a hate-filled racist.

Until the paparazzi catch her wearing some sort of KKK-themed sweater vest, I think we can file this under 'the latest bit of pointless outrage.' Accompanied as always, and without apparent irony, by people who hate outrage culture and are outraged about the outrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
I can't stand Ellen.

She's a shit Oscar's host and her comedy routine is lame. I don't think any of that is related to her sexual orientation?

That's a very interesting reply.

I could change a few words, and voila!

"He's a shit President and his policies are lame. I don't think any of that is related to him being a black man."

So, lots of people that criticize Obama are automatically considered racists regardless of the reason for their criticism (i.e. his policies are lame). But it's okay for a liberal to criticize a lesbian for something other than her lesbianism, and that's not homophobia.

Got it.

EDIT: By the way, I am not a fan of Ellen (but being a conservative, that's because I am a homophobe, not because I think her comedy is bad). But the picture is pretty funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
jmilum wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
I can't stand Ellen.

That's a very interesting reply.

I could change a few words, and voila!

"He's a shit President and his policies are lame. I don't think any of that is related to him being a black man."

So, lots of people that criticize Obama are automatically considered racists regardless of the reason for their criticism (i.e. his policies are lame). But it's okay for a liberal to criticize a lesbian for something other than her lesbianism, and that's not homophobia.

Got it.

EDIT: By the way, I am not a fan of Ellen (but being a conservative, that's because I am a homophobe, not because I think her comedy is bad). But the picture is pretty funny.
No they are considered racist when they right.

"He's a shit President and his policies are lame. I don't think any of that is related to him being a black man, and he should get back to the cotton fields"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

sfox wrote:
Yesterday Ellen posted this photoshopped image on twitter with the title, "This is how I'm running errands from now on." and of course the liberals are already shouting about how racist it is. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots. This is just a funny image with a funny comment, there is nothing racist here. Racism is when you see a person of a certain skin color and treat them in a specific way because of their skin color, exactly like liberals do with blacks, for example.

Since Ellen DeGeneres wouldn't have posted that retouched comedic photograph without first getting permission from the Olympic runner himself, there is no controversy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:

Got it.

It's not my policy to consider any criticism of Obama as automatically stemming from racism, but then I don't speak for all liberals just as you don't speak for all conservatives.

On the other hand, dismissing every claim of racism is also suspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. I think the left's Hierarchy of Identity Groups just shifted a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
How and why?

The fact that a lesbian can be racist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

How and why?

The fact that a lesbian can be racist?

That's so yesterday! Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter already proved that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.