5,377 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second character pack was apparently released today, and is now in stock with a number of UK online stores - so I assume it has also hit the USA.

The description and content show it is very similar to the previous character pack:

Shadowrunners are nothing if not individuals and Character Expansion Pack 2 gives you plenty to use in your Shadowrun: Crossfire game. It includes a new set of upgrade stickers, adding options for making the exact character you envision, five street legend cards for players who want to leap into the shadows with a head start, and 20 standard character cards with new art for players designing runners from the ground up. You can hit the streets ready to take down any obstacles that dare rear their heads.

Contains:
* Higher-Caliber Ops upgrade stickers
* 5 street legend cards
* 20 standard character cards with new art

It's not up on BGG yet but there is a game submission in the queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

"...five street legend cards for players who want to leap into the shadows with a head start..."

I wonder what it means exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe based on blog entries I've read previously, they will be something similar to the 'oni' promo card whereby they are already levelled up and with a pre made build of upgrades.

I guess they will be high enough to try some of the more difficult challenges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Contains:

That is a horrible choice for a name. I read it 4 or 5 times before I realized it didn't say "High-Caliber Ops". I thought it was just a copy of the same stickers from that expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:
Quote:
Contains:

That is a horrible choice for a name. I read it 4 or 5 times before I realized it didn't say "High-Caliber Ops". I thought it was just a copy of the same stickers from that expansion.

These stickers go to 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:
Quote:
Contains:
* HighER-Caliber Ops upgrade stickers

I read your post that many times before I caught the difference. I made the same mistake thinking that they were just a copy of those stickers too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that character expansion 1 included duplicate stickers from the base game. Not new ones.

I'm not sure if these will be legitimately new, or just further copies of those in high caliber ops...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strangely enough it's available also in Italy right now, when I managed to buy High Caliber Ops just a couple of weeks ago after months of being nowhere to be found...

But it costs the same as High-Caliber Ops, which considering that there was not a huge amount of content in that expansion to begin with, and this one hasn't even new cards or missions, is frankly way too high.

I have no problem with using the stickers, but if that is what drives the cost so high, I'm starting to think it was a very wrong choice for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
davro33 wrote:
Quote:
Contains:

These stickers go to 11.

What's wrong with being sexy?

Looks like CSI has it in stock. I guess they are getting some money from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they re-release the first character expansion as well.

On a side note, I wish they did an expansion that did away with stickers all together and instead released cardboard tokens to use. Stickers are fine if you are playing with dedicated players that play regularly, but if you are going to play a casual game, it seems like a waste.

I guess, the legends cards kind of fit this a bit. I'm interested to see how much of the legends cards are already filled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:

On a side note, I wish they did an expansion that did away with stickers all together and instead released cardboard tokens to use. Stickers are fine if you are playing with dedicated players that play regularly, but if you are going to play a casual game, it seems like a waste.

I guess, the legends cards kind of fit this a bit. I'm interested to see how much of the legends cards are already filled out.

Chipboard is cheap.

Stickers stick to chipboard.

Personally, we just keep 4x6 index cards as the character cards and it works just as well, but if you wanted tokens -- you have all that you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up my character pack and the sticker pack is identical to what was received in high-caliber Ops.

The 5 prebuilt characters all have a combination of stickers that introduce nothing new.

The character art is nice and I'm glad that the portrait of one of the characters I've been wanting to play (from an old campaign) finally matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of a double post because there are two threads about the expansion. So sorry for that...

Does anyone know a link with preview pictures of the expansion? I would really like to see which (new) character art was chosen beforehand. I couldn't find anything.
Or is someone who already owns the pack willing to share some pictures?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:

Wet erase markers (the overhead transparency ones) work well on the player cards if you don't want to use stickers. Just write in the bonus. That's what we use to keep track of XP.

You could also just put the stickers on some card stock, foam core, or other heavy material and cut them out to use as tokens if you'd like, it's pretty easy to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonce wrote:
This is kind of a double post because there are two threads about the expansion. So sorry for that...

Does anyone know a link with preview pictures of the expansion? I would really like to see which (new) character art was chosen beforehand. I couldn't find anything.
Or is someone who already owns the pack willing to share some pictures?

Thanks in advance!

This link has one of the pre-made characters and the front/back of the character pack which gives a taste of the artwork inside.

http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/123213766946/another...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.