Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Before/Beyond the Wall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Meskell
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but do I need the gear cards from both of these kits to complete the vagabond armor set? I can't tell from looking at the photos on the website. Also, on the front of the vagabond armor set card, it shows an outline of a shield that's necessary for the set; is this a beacon shield, or is there another card out there I overlooked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posed that question myself. Yes. It looks like you need both to complete the armor set. Also, I hope Beyond the Wall comes with a "how to use gear with outfit key word" blurb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The same pages on KDM shop say yes to both your questions. Anyway, only someone who bought both at GenCon can tell more than that at this stage (ok, him and KDM staff).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Vargas
United States
Chevy Chase
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got them both, Yes, I dont remember exactly the pieces, but i remember the Vagabond armor set, has pieces included in these sets, there are 2 pieces that can be replaced by pieces in the core game, and just as an fyi, the chest piece can not be built yet, to build it you need a location that "will be included in a future expansion", it is one of the ones that can be replaced by another piece though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is kind of weird in that it lists things divided by a slash. For example "Leather Cuirass/Hard Breastplate". If you take it to mean either/or, then you can build it with just the Before the Wall kit. Full list is: Tabard (from Before the Wall), Leather Cuirass/ Hard Breastplate, Leather Skirt, Leather Bracers/White Dragon Gauntlets, Leather Boots/Cloth Leggings. No shield required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
The set is:

Tabard (Before the Wall - Craftable for 1 Cloth + 1 Organ with Paint)
Leather Breastplate (Leather Worker) or Hard Breastplate (Before the Wall - Craftable for 1 Leather + 2 Bone with Lantern Oven/Heat)
Leather Skirt (Leather Worker)
Leather Bracers (Leather Worker) or White Dragon Gauntlets (Requires Ivory Crafter)
Leather Boots (Leather Worker) or Cloth Leggings (After the wall - craftable for 1 Cloth + 1 Hide with ammonia)

It's basically a leather set with Tabard and then some optional variant pieces for body, arms and legs. No head gear in the set.

http://techraptor.net/content/gen-con-2016-kingdom-death-pin...

Ok so White Dragon Gauntlets are the ones we can't get yet. Does the Beyond the Wall have an explanation on the "Outfit" keyword? It bugs me this isn't put in somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A not-so-stupid question: how you distinguish 'material' keyword from other keywords (apart from semantics)? You will probably need to have them listed.

Example: Hard Breastplate is leather and heavy. Since it shares 'leather' keyword, I would use that in a leather set. But 'heavy'? Can I use it, say, on a White Lion set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fen's got it, re: it being fairly standalone.

Alessio, unfortunately, AFAIK, you can't. If it specifically says "cloth gear" instead of "cloth" or something like that, that'd do it, but I only have second-hand info on what it takes, so don't know the language.

I guess if something took a "heavy" resource, that could be ambiguous, but dealing with non-hypotheticals, no, you can't use leather gear as a leather resource, nor can you use bone gear as a bone resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
No but to quote poots:

Quote:
Outfit!
You can wear that to complete an armor set that shares material keywords.
The man hunter hat was supposed to have that special rule!

So the Hard Breastplate also works for the Leather armour set bonus.

Frankly I'm going to play as if the Manhunter Hat has the keyword already.

Thank you for that and I have seen this thread. What I would like is for Poots to release that in some kind of written format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
A not-so-stupid question: how you distinguish 'material' keyword from other keywords (apart from semantics)? You will probably need to have them listed.

Example: Hard Breastplate is leather and heavy. Since it shares 'leather' keyword, I would use that in a leather set. But 'heavy'? Can I use it, say, on a White Lion set?

I would look at primary components that go into making said piece of gear. While a lion chestpiece is indeed heavy......that isn't what went into making it. Clearly white fur and bone did. I think there is some intuition that is asked of us in this department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Meskell
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks KDM community for always being so friendly and helpful. I appreciate the quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, plasma gun is really interesting.

Range of 0, 1, 8, 27, 64
(bleed tokens at 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, respectively)

And the damage can be intense at those later levels. Some of those Fighting Arts that allow more bleeding tokens will be silly with this and the Plasma Katana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
So, plasma gun is really interesting.

Range of 0, 1, 8, 27, 64
(bleed tokens at 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, respectively)

And the damage can be intense at those later levels. Some of those Fighting Arts that allow more bleeding tokens will be silly with this and the Plasma Katana.

Yeah I am excited to see those in action. Though 9 speed on the blood plasma katana is too crazy. Likely to trigger traps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... those sci-fi weapons seem really difficult to incorporate, just because of how crazy they are.

For the lanterns, they were easy to house rule since they had a resource output (so we considered that the same value, and don't game it, though we've considered alternatively the output plus any other resource), but the prismatic lantern's pretty serious, and these weapons are just have some insane stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man.......the gear combos. This game is going to be so out of hand as I gobble up more of its content lol. Love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.