Legendary Encounters: A Firefly Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Acquiring Flaw cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tracy_lu_who
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a chance to play this last night at my FLGS, and in the light of day I'm wondering if we played the Flaws incorrectly. I can't recall the exact wording atm, but when we were told to take a flaw card, we were putting them into our respective discard piles and triggering them when they were played out of our hands. Was that correct? Or were they meant to go into our hands, which the active player would've had to deal with immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmbmbmb
hollemom wrote:
I had a chance to play this last night at my FLGS, and in the light of day I'm wondering if we played the Flaws incorrectly. I can't recall the exact wording atm, but when we were told to take a flaw card, we were putting them into our respective discard piles and triggering them when they were played out of our hands. Was that correct? Or were they meant to go into our hands, which the active player would've had to deal with immediately?

Sounds like you played them correctly. When you gain them, they go into your discard pile. You deal with them when you have them in hand at the start of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you acquire them, they go into your discard just like any other card when gained. This provides an opportunity to get rid of them via some cards which defeat Flaws in the discard pile (Book has some in his support deck, for instance).

Then they get shuffled into the player deck on the next reshuffle. (Book's talent can still defeat them from there if need be)

When a Flaw card is drawn during a player's cleanup phase, or during any time other than their action phase, the player must immediately play that Flaw card first thing in their Action phase (prior to that, there are some cards that can defeat Flaw cards in hand on other player's turns).

If a Flaw card is drawn during a player's Action phase, it must be played immediately.

Any time a Flaw is played (other than when a specific card in play says otherwise, like Magistrate Higgins), the Flaw is then defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tracy_lu_who
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Glad to hear they were handled correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.