Subject: Congratulations! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded at 12.17am, 18 August. This success is richly deserved - painstaking effort has produced a great game.

949 people know they are onto a very good thing. I'm looking forward to a copy of my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big congratulations on getting funded. I hope the campaign continues as well as it has started and production and fulfillment go smoothly.

That way I get my copies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to getting my hands on this and building my park!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys! We've just announced the first pair of stretch goals so make sure you check them out. There's a bit of fun ahead for players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!! Can't wait for this game. Rushing off to check the new stretch goals right now. meeple

EDIT: Haha, that flavor text on the Crop Circles card.. I hope the Alien theme makes it in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
BorderCon 2017 Tickets - Sold out in under 2 Hrs!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo - Ninja's and Aliens!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay - The Ninja Stretch Goal was just reached!!!

Show us new Stretch Goal pahleeeeeeaaaassseeee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
New goal added, also Ninja PnP available for review (http://www.unfair-game.com/resources - the BGG copy will take a little while)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desiree Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
New goal added, also Ninja PnP available for review (http://www.unfair-game.com/resources - the BGG copy will take a little while)

awesome. my nephew will love this one!
note: the insurance card references upgrades/attractions being "discarded" from your park, but events that do this call it "demolish." You might want to change discard to demolish to indicate this is what is being covered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
note: the insurance card references upgrades/attractions being "discarded" from your park, but events that do this call it "demolish."

Good catch! Thanks for picking that up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:

I appreciate sneak peeks like this but I won't be taking a look.

I don't want to spoil the surprise of discovering them in-game when it arrives.

Just played again this afternoon. Another 4-player amazing time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo-hoo - Western Sneak Peek Cards - that will be a very fun theme when it is released.

On another note I played my first 2-player game this afternoon and Annie and I had a great time with it.

Took about 1hr 15 mins and just flew by. The 'take that' didn't feel nasty at all and I realised that playing without all of the themes at once was really interesting because you have to adapt to the card set in play and find the combinations that will work best.

For example, we played with the recommended Robot and Pirate themes. I didn't go for a thrill ride attraction due to an early Blue Print or two not requiring them...but by the mid game I realised that a lot of upgrades were for thrill rides and I was out of that loop and leaving Annie with no competition for them. It was really interesting and I think the game has even more legs than I thought it would as you explore the various combos and how they interact with one another.

As an aside I managed to eek out a 5 point win and it was my first game where I didn't build a Super Attraction! It's great to know that this is a viable strategy.

I will be adding a 2-player addition to my Unfair Review in the coming days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I may have added a section to reflect on the 2-player experience just now...I mean what else are you going to do on a Sunday night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't usually read the comments on KS pages (my online time is much better spent noodling about on BGG) but I am bemused at the number of people who want "exclusives". I know some people want to feel special and crankiness in KS goes on all the time, but it seems OTT.

They are getting an outstanding game, and extra subscriptions pay for more great art, sooner.

I bought two copies - someone has already offered to take one. Fully aware of this, Erin pledged for two more. It's a bargain, folks.

Had we but world enough, and time,
This cheapness, fella, were no crime.
We would sit down and think which game
To buy, and wait discounts to claim;
Thou at the E O F Y sales
Shouldst bargains find; I without fail
on eBay would lurk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - getting slow on the updates!

Woohoo! Unlocked Alien Teaser, double-sided board, Western Theme Teaser Cards and Zombie Theme Teaser Cards.

Next stop is better quality card stock (I'm so excited for this) and hopefully a few more reveals in the next 12 hours.

With the US and Canada now getting free shipping I think this project could really push on to 150K+

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the next 2 Teaser Cards have been released as a stretch goal -

Dinosaurs!

Funnily enough I predicted this with my class. My kids have been following the project every day on our electronic whiteboard. Some of their predictions include -

Medieval
Fantasy
Fairytale Kingdom
Space (although we thought Aliens might cover that)
Underwater Kingdom
Undead (not sure if there is enough here outside of zombies)
Dragons

That might have been it.

Oh - Love the Triceratops ability/effect

If an Electrified Fence is not in place, roll 2 dice. If the result is 3 or less demolish this upgrade and close the attraction.

That is an awesome direction to take the game and is right in the sweet spot for me. It's a little bit of luck thrown in but the odds are still in your favour. Great stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this has been asked elsewhere (if so I haven't seen it) but what is the point of the teasers? Is it just to show what is coming in the future? Can they be added to future decks or will these teasers cards already be in future decks and then original backers will have duplicates? Can the teaser cards be added now even though they aren't part of a complete deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
The point of the teasers is to add some fun extra cards that show off upcoming themes, as a preview / thank you to Kickstarter backers.

We're treating the teasers as promo cards until their corresponding theme pack is released.

Promo cards can be included in a game by adding the card to the relevant pile before shuffling during setup. The rule for promo cards is no more than one copy of any given card added to the game.

So you can choose to add all the teasers and any other promos, or just a few favourites, or work through them all one pair per game until you've tried them all.

I'd suggest not using them for your learning game, but totally up to you of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
NINE LITTLE LETTERS
badge
FECK! ARSE! DRINK! GIRLS!
mbmbmbmbmb
The project just crossed the $100k mark and I believe well on the way to $200k.

And new stretch goals including DINOSAURS!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.