Subject: Will it be a landslide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/politics/donald-trump-hillary-...

Found this comment in the article enlightening;

"To be sure, it's not all Donald Trump's fault he's behind by so much. Democrats already hold a significant electoral advantage. With 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House, Democrats from 1992 on have won states totaling 242. Republicans won only 102 consecutively over that time span. So any other Republican nominee -- even a more conventional candidate like Texas Sen. Ted Cruz or Ohio Gov. John Kasich -- would have started off with big challenges."

And the reality is, the Republicans in the past 30 years do not seem to have realized the simple fact stated above, or seem powerless to change it. What it boils down to is the Pubs are targeting the wrong constituencies that will get them to the White house. They cater to people in states whose electoral votes rarely make a difference in the politics of the electoral college. and frankly, I don't see them doing anything that gives me the opinion that this trend stated above will not continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think of tears and recriminations yes.

But I suspect that Donny will not do that badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
What it boils down to is the Pubs are targeting the wrong constituencies that will get them to the White house.

Agreed, It would appear that we have reached the tipping point of the people who vote to be left alone vs the people who vote because they want things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
What it boils down to is the Pubs are targeting the wrong constituencies that will get them to the White house.

Agreed, It would appear that we have reached the tipping point of the people who vote to be left alone vs the people who vote because they want things.

Analyze it as you may, the fact is, the largest population growth lies in the Mexican, and black communities, that the Repubs have not done particularly well with, in past elections. White America will be the minority in this country by 2030. I do not have statistics to back up my assertion, but I would be willing to bet that most (or majority) of Mexicans and blacks that currently have a vote in this country, would identify themselves as liberal, and even if they don't, the policies that the Pubs put forward in an election would not be favored by them, (i.e., the Wall, immigration restrictions and reforms, etc...).

The advantage the Dems have in electoral votes, as referenced in my original post, will not be erased until the Pubs realize they have to win more than White America, the question is, when will they finally realize this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

Left alone as in "refuse to serve people" " call people names" "decide what bathroom people can use".

Seems to be that if they actually left people alone then they would not have a problem. Problem is they want to be left alone to mistreat others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

What do you expect when your party's policies cater to exactly ONE demographic: white, straight, Christian males. You can only ride that train so long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

What do you expect when your party's policies cater to exactly ONE demographic: white, straight, Christian males. You can only ride that train so long.

Maybe this group is doing the heavy lifting so to speak? "We can use some help here, the roof is caving in. Put your pot down and quit squirtin' out kids you can't pay for and give us a hand!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Maybe this group is doing the heavy lifting so to speak? "We can use some help here, the roof is caving in. Put your pot down and quit squirtin' out kids you can't pay for and give us a hand!"

You say that like you're doing a bad thing. I don't call anyone that tries to remedy their plight as "male christian white' or any other name for that matter, I simply call them good, for attempting to help their plight. Don't look at it as a burden lad, after all, it was the White Christian Males that brought them here, some 300 years ago. And held them down for almost 250 of those. Their plight stems from 300 years of history, no one said it wasn't going to take time to change it. And think about this; if you did not have a steady job, an opportunity for a better education, or any education for that matter, you'd probably be fuc*ing on the couch too, producing babies that you could not pay for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United States
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Left alone as in "refuse to serve people" " call people names" "decide what bathroom people can use".

Seems to be that if they actually left people alone then they would not have a problem. Problem is they want to be left alone to mistreat others.

Slater, you just mentioned the Democrats and their Jim Crow laws. Was that intentional or stupidity ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Slater, you just mentioned the Democrats and their Jim Crow laws. Was that intentional or stupidity ?

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Oh wait, this could also describe Donald Trump, and conservatives in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Slater, you just mentioned the Southern Democrats that eventually became the Southern Republicans of today, and their Jim Crow laws. Nixon's Southern Strategy and all that. No need to explain it to me again, I finally understood after the 100th time.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will say this: Clinton has failed to acknowledge the most immediate threat to American security that we've seen in a long while: ISIS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
abadolato01 wrote:
With 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House, Democrats from 1992 on have won states totaling 242. Republicans won only 102 consecutively over that time span.

clearly proof of a liberal bias
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

No I did not include either the words Democrats or Jim Or Crow.

But yes, if Democrats were still fighting for Jim Crow laws I would have assumed my comment included them.

Are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Do you own a mirror? I suggest you follow what was written at the temple of Apollo at Delphi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

:shake:
No, in all fairness his comment is valid.

There is a section of American society that was protected and sucked up to by democrats. It is now the same demographic that is being sucked up to and pandered to by Republicans.

The same people who whined about having to sit next to blacks on the bus or having to send their kinds to interracial school;s are the same ones who now whine about not being able to use the word Nigger or having to give gays wedding certificates.

They remained unchanged, only the party they supported did. I think that is what Jerremy is saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
I will say this: Clinton has failed to acknowledge the most immediate threat to American security that we've seen in a long while: ISIS.

How so?

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/hillary-clinton-has-real...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

How so?

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/hillary-clinton-has-real...

Also it is absurd to compare state actors to terrorist groups. The Chinese or Russians could kill tens of millions of Americans tomorrow. Isis might kill a thousand. Of course we don't think the states would, but the threat is much worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Nah, I don't think Trump's win will be a landslide...there are a lot of folks who think the government exists to take care of them out there.

Probably be a 3 or 4 point win.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

Do you believe all the current polling is wrong, or that Trump is currently losing, but will come back before the election?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Do you believe all the current polling is wrong, or that Trump is currently losing, but will come back before the election?

Or, do you live in an alternate universe where your internet postings come through to our's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Or, do you live in an alternate universe where your internet postings come through to our's.
No I think he really believes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Same alternate universe that the Trump staff seem to live in

"Donald Trump's new campaign manager says trailing in the polls has some benefit for the campaign."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/29181...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.