Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An interesting read for fans of the Shadowrun universe:

External Blogpost
http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2016/08/on-shadow-cataly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nachofan wrote:
An interesting read for fans of the Shadowrun universe:

External Blogpost
http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2016/08/on-shadow-cataly...

That was quite the read. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cross
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blimey.

And yet. CGL are still in business. Still have the licenses from Topps. And are still putting out games such as Crossfire and Encounters (I can't really comment on the RPG as haven't played that since 2/3e in college).

Are they running rings around Topps? Are Topps not doing enough due diligence?

A lot of the links and bad practice seems to date back to 2010-2013: shortly before the 'year of Shadowrun' was announced... and yes, that's turning more into a decade than a year, and some promised game variants are still MIA.. but you can sort of understand that a small company may have enthusiastically over-promised, perhaps?

I have no direct involvement or knowledge here, just questions and queries in my mind from reading the blog posts... which are disappointing, ironic (given the SR theme of untrustworthy corps) and obviously enormously stressful for the freelancers who have been treated so unfairly.

Has anything improved since 2013? (I assume not, given the post over the past couple of days...?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.